Why did my dad leave?

3 years ago, my dad left my mom by cheating on her and i still don't understand why he did it... please help me understand?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• He's irresponsible and lacks integrity.

Chances are, he made the decision to be with your mother before he even knew who he was, and as a result he made a commitment that didn't last.

This isn't your fault or your mother's fault. He didn't own up to his life choices and made a selfish decision. Not all men are like this and I'm sorry you had to experience this mental trauma.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dad obviously never really cared about your mother, if he did he wouldn't of cheated, she was probably too hurt to even let him back too and damn right... he had you with her so i think it was the best thing for you to split up because if she let him carry on it would of caused a lot of issues for you too.