Why did my dad leave?

3 years ago, my dad left my mom by cheating on her and i still don't understand why he did it... please help me understand?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He's irresponsible and lacks integrity.

Chances are, he made the decision to be with your mother before he even knew who he was, and as a result he made a commitment that didn't last.

This isn't your fault or your mother's fault. He didn't own up to his life choices and made a selfish decision. Not all men are like this and I'm sorry you had to experience this mental trauma.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your dad obviously never really cared about your mother, if he did he wouldn't of cheated, she was probably too hurt to even let him back too and damn right... he had you with her so i think it was the best thing for you to split up because if she let him carry on it would of caused a lot of issues for you too.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Those things are hard to accept and normally we're always clueless about it. Probably he didn't love you and your mom enough unfortunately.

0|0
    1|0
    • my dad doesn't know how to love, all he knows is how to hurt me

• Show All
    • my dad won't change, me and my mom gave him a chance and he blew it she just knows how to stay strong... but i don't nobody can hear my cries at night

• It is indeed a tough situation, but you'll get over it. It's normal to feel the way you do, all you must do is hoping that your dad will change, even if possibilities are low. I don't mean accepting him back, but if he regrets it'll be a good thing and he'll see the damage he caused you.

• Hey sorry to hear. There are many reasons but one that I think is valid today (its happened to me) is that I settled down with somebody I didn't love 100%. So if was "fine" and we could've easily had kids but I started cheating on her because I wasn't happy. Yes, everyone will say I should've left early but when you are young, you are stupid and don't have that integrity to stay true to yourself and listen to others. My wife backed me into a corner with kids and the thing is I would have still have cheated on her even if I had children. So I have finally broke up with her after 11 years. Its sad but we have no children and I thinks its best for us both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you live in hook ups n break ups society, where this is very common...

There are very few couples which don't leave each other , you may see them in their old ages together...

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing happened to me at a similar age but my dad would come and go. I think people don't admit when it's not working and break cleanly, they don't honor their commitments.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The only person who knows is your piece of shit father.

1|1
    0|2
  • did u asked ur mom? guys, don't judge first.. maybe the side of her father had a reasons too.. why he cheated?

0|0
    0|0
    • Its not my mom fault, my mom loved him, but he never truly loved her.

• Show All
    • well, Godbless dear be strong and love ur family.

• thanks i am trying and i will

Recommended myTakes