Ever been cheated on?

Honestly i have never been cheated on and so i don't know how to react to it in future life, so care to share your experiences and to how you dealt with the situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly, yes. Twice.

Both times I'm not sure if he (two different guys but I'll just say he) slept with the other girl or even did anything with her but he was talking to or seeing her (one on one) before we ended things.

First guy after being with me for 9 months went out on a date on Valentine's Day with some girl he met online. Found the account and e-mails on MY computer because he was basically living with me. He said he was having dinner with is mom because she was sad (her mom - his grandma died around that time the year before). I was gutted. I'm not even sure why I never got up the courage to tell him I knew about this but it ended pretty abruptly after.

Second guy... together for over 3 years, living together. He meets some girl at work...11 years younger than him! He's acting squirrely so I check his phone I find texts some to her him saying he's spending all day in bed with me watching sports and her saying she was jealous... I couldn't really tell if that was just her being jealous he had someone or more than that. Then his cousin texted him something about did he want something to happen with her. Since I was snooping which was wrong (I know it;s wrong) I didn't say anything. But I tried to figure out what was up... about a month later he said he just wasn't good enough for me. Everyone expected us to get engaged and he said he just didn't know when if he could do that. He started dating the girl form work almost immediately... they were on and off for over a year and every time they were off he ran back to me. I'm actually pretty sure more than once he just said hey were broken up but that wasn't how she saw it so technically he cheated on her with me too. He married her last fall. I say... she can have him I don't want a cheater.

Honestly though, it shakes you to the core and makes it really hard to trust anyone in the future. it's not just painful at the time. It causes scars... emotional scars and it affects you for years if not forever.

1|0
    0|0
    • HOLY SHIT! sorry excuse my language but dammmn i don't think i can handle such drama.. wow you must be real strong to even deals with this, but i am really glad you came to think of him that way i mean she can have your trash right? hahaha sorry if that offended you or something but like it's great that you haven't married him. i hope it never happens to you again and that you find someone who treats you well.

• Thanks! It was a lot of drama!

I don't like to think of him as trash... after all I was with him for over 3 years (4 if you count the on and off after the cheating) and what does that say about me? So I just think they are perfect for each other, they deserve each other (she's a total nut job - I mean certifiably crazy). So I hope they get what they deserve and I think they have. I'm not offended at all though.

• Well I can see you have a white heart x anyway everyone has someone for them and soon you'll find someone great for you x and I really hope nothing like that ever happens to you again.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I've been cheated on by two gf's.

my experiences... it sucks. I was heart broken. both cases I tried to forgive and forget and keep the relationship going. I could forgive but I couldn't forget. I could never look at them the same. I was always cynical of them. I just didn't trust them.

I was definitely stung by the experiences, especially the second one because I was thinking of asking the girl to marry me. It took a while to get over the second especially but you learn to trust again

1|0
    0|0
    • ugh that's harsh, did the girls even feel bad about it? well i'm pretty sure that they don't even deserve you. Its good to hear that you at least forgave them, some people end up doing crazy shit for revenge..

• I imagine both were sorry. the first girl was sorry and has subsequently apologized multiple times. the second girl I made a point of never speaking to again... Yeah I'm not one for revenge. It sounds great in theory but not in practice. Also I never wanted to spend much time figuring out a way to get revenge, didn't want to waste the time on them

• oh i respect you for such decision, besides moving on is the best revenge :)

• Never cheated, been cheated once after a 4 year relationship.
    Scared for life I think.
    It's hard for me to trust people nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
    • well i don't see why you shouldn't trust people; not everyone is like her, but i hope you are well now x

• There was a particular series of events that led me to believe I was cheated on. I just assume she did cheat, don't know for sure though.

0|0
    0|0
    • why didn't you ask or investigate it? i think it is worst to not be sure about such thing it will keep bothering you to know the truth all your life..

• Show All
    • Yeah, no point in stressing over something like that. Cheating is something I don't tolerate anyway, so I just move on.

Shit happens, that's life.

• you are right.

• several times... if its serious its horrible but if its a one night thing it can be quite a turn on. i just need a girl to be honest

0|0
    0|0
    • haha turn on really?

• Show All
    • wow not going to judge but don't you get furious or something?

• i would be cross if she did it behind my back but if its out in the open, it can be a lot of fun

• never been cheated on.

after all... never had a gf :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my ex slept with her ex, , then started fucking guys at parties to get popular and giving people drunken bjs. After awhile if me being a naive fool she decided to have a second "secret" boyfriend, I suspected both these things but she was my first love so I didn't wanna leave her just by suspicion, she ended up sleeping with 9 other guys for 7 months of our 13 month relationship and on top of that all she was sleeping with her best friend Jen for all but 3 months and she didn't think she was cheating cause apparently its okay since "Well imma 100% straight girl so its not cheating if its with another girl." 😢, fucking bull shit. Yeah she broke completely, and I couldn't leave her cause she would spread rumors about me like a wildfire if I did. Thankfully she left me but I still see her daily in the halls at school, usually with her current boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. But i have cheated. And still do.

0|0
    1|2
  • Yeah, two times consistently.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah two times with some special people. Shit happens

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Yep, a few times. I kept "trusting" that the change would happen and it wouldn't happen again, but I was wrong. If you go through it, once a cheater always a cheater. Cut ties right then and don't look back.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah i think if you give them a second chance then the next time they do it again they would probably think we may give them another third chance.. right? so yeah i agree with you.

• I have been cheated on. In both situations I took the cheater back and dumped their ass later... upon discovering they were still cheating... with the same girl.

Learn from my mistakes.

0|1
    0|0
    • shit well now i know for sure never ever to to get back to him if it ever happened, thanks darling x

• I was dating a guy, and we just started dating and you could say he was a sex addict. So while i was with him, he would just talk with me and we would just chill cuz i was shy. Then once he left, he would go to another girl's house and go have sex with her. He got the loving words and stuff from me, but the sex from her. It was going on for a couple weeks until i found out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I dumped him in the end, but i thought it was pretty harsh that he could just do that and be fine with it.

• Show All
    • well the sea is full of fishes. hopefully you learn from this experience and you will find some one who will treat you much better x

• Why thank you 😀

• Caught my ex boyfriend in the act with this blonde little doll... I saw it, took action, and believe me.. she will never mess with me again lol!

0|0
    0|0
    • fuck you hit her? loool

• Show All
    • hahahaha respect girlll

• Lol thanks chick!

• Back before online acct access, I suspected an ex due to him hiding his cell, needing to go to blockbuster for no good reason with his friend every few days for over an hr each time plus no cell phone bill arriving for a good while, then contacted the cell co for copies of the last few bills.
    Turns out the bar slag he was messing with when we were separated was still his go to when I wasn't in front of him.
    So I made copies of the pages with her # in the contact log & highlighted each one.
    It was winter time so I put it in a big envelope & gave it to him as a gift.
    The color washed out of his face when he realized what it was & went silent.
    Shortly after that, he was removed from my life.

0|0
    0|0
    • PREECH! that was a great move to make and extremely smart!! hahah that must have shocked him pretty well, i seriously respect you for that :)

Recommended myTakes