Would you rather be fired from your secure job or dumped (both for no apparent reason and suddenly) by your long-term significant other?

Job - you love it so much. Your boss is nice, the workplace is great, you're making as much money as you expected, you're performing well, you have a good reputation, and it all seems very secure, like you're going to work this job for the rest of your life. You've been working this job for five years and are anticipating a huge promotion in the near future.

Significant other - you love him/her so much and can't imagine life without him/her. Everything in the relationship is near-perfect and you two are nearly fully compatible. You want to get married to him/her and be the father/mother of his/her children. You two have been together for five years and are planning to get married soon.

If you had a choice between being fired and getting dumped tomorrow, suddenly with no explanation and very cold-heartedly, which one would you choose?

• Get fired.
  • Get dumped.
  • Commit suicide.
    Vote C

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely get dumped by my long term significant other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd choose the Significant other. If I can't find another job, that will lead to an issue with my significant other in finances, and I would lose her anyway. More importantly, a job provides you income and provides you purpose. Two things that are vital in keeping your livelihood. I could live with being heart broken, but it's a lot harder to live pay check to pay check or having to find a job in this economy.