Would you rather be fired from your secure job or dumped (both for no apparent reason and suddenly) by your long-term significant other?

Job - you love it so much. Your boss is nice, the workplace is great, you're making as much money as you expected, you're performing well, you have a good reputation, and it all seems very secure, like you're going to work this job for the rest of your life. You've been working this job for five years and are anticipating a huge promotion in the near future.

Significant other - you love him/her so much and can't imagine life without him/her. Everything in the relationship is near-perfect and you two are nearly fully compatible. You want to get married to him/her and be the father/mother of his/her children. You two have been together for five years and are planning to get married soon.

If you had a choice between being fired and getting dumped tomorrow, suddenly with no explanation and very cold-heartedly, which one would you choose?

• Get fired.
    Vote A
  • Get dumped.
    Vote B
  • Commit suicide.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely get dumped by my long term significant other.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd choose the Significant other. If I can't find another job, that will lead to an issue with my significant other in finances, and I would lose her anyway. More importantly, a job provides you income and provides you purpose. Two things that are vital in keeping your livelihood. I could live with being heart broken, but it's a lot harder to live pay check to pay check or having to find a job in this economy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I need a job to keep a roof over my head and pay bills. I don't *need* a bf. I mean let's be honest. If we haven't even gotten engaged after 5 years are things really working out that well?

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, most people don't want to get married until late twenties so most would wait a few more years to get engaged if they had met in college.

• Show All
    • True, true. Then again, this question implies that you would have been with this hypothetical boyfriend since 21.

• I feel the fear. The only things I've been committed to that long are student loans XD

Still though if we were together that long I think I would be wanting those sweet sweet tax reductions. I would be asking serious questions about why weren't engaged yet.

• I would rather get dumped cause people change anyway. A job is a job is a job... And what you put in you know you get out. With people you never know

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumped by SO.

1|0
    0|0
  • get dumped, I need my job more

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather be fired, I love my boyfriend

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 1

• Comments from women goes to show, they care more about their money than their "love" ones.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes