How do I get over my ex?

Last year I had a relationship with a boy (or at least I thought). I ended it because either he cheated on his gf with me or he cheated on me with her. He said to me she's his best friend, but to his friends and family she's in a relationship with him and I'm just someone he knows. He said they are faking a relationship but for some reason they have been in a long-term relationship together for several years. This led to me ending what we had.

I have a friend again and we are together for some time now. I love my boyfriend to bits (in other words a lot) but a few days ago, when I found a old photo of said ex while cleaning, I noticed I still had feelings for him.

I know I don't want him back, but why do I still have feelings for that ex while I know my boyfriend is beter than him in everything and that my boyfriend truly loves me?

As people don't see to notice, I have a boyfriend and I love him very much. Thats why I don't want the feelings for my ex.

1214

Most Helpful Guy

• The human heart is very complicated, and everyone is a bit different. It sounds like you love your current boyfriend but cannot forget your ex. There are many kinds of love in this world and I really can understand not being able to let go of the past, I tried another relationship with an ex of mine. The relationship didn't work out, we had problems and ultimately just could not get past them. Its different for everyone, for some it could work out, for others it does not.

The best advice I can give you is to figure out what you want to do about these feelings. If sounded as if you want to forget the past, I wouldn't advise forgetting about it completely. You'll need to come to terms with your feelings and move past them remember the good memories but realize that the here and now is whats best and let time erode your lingering feelings. if you can accept this I think in time you will be ok, its worked for me at least. Honestly it not something easy to do but I hope this helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't make up or Even--------I noticed I still had feelings for him.
    You may find that with the skeleton in the closet, you may have had 'Different' feelings for him that are a bit Differently from the boy you have now. You may love him 'to bit,' however, that is not saying, you never really got over the one who is still rattling your chains some and that what he did to you was never completely forgotten... you never actually found comfort or a closure to it and with some memories you came across, this just drums up a few old ghosts.
    In time, being you and your Greater who is much Better for you here, dear, will continue to nurse and nurture this beautiful relationship you have. And one day, no matter what would float your way, you will Happily be able to say: "Oh, him... how silly I was."
    Let time be your closure with the clock.
    Good luck. xx