Cheated on my boyfriend with my ex?

I was in an abusive relationship for 2 years, mentally and physically.. I broke up with him and cleared the apartment of my things then a few weeks later i met someone, who still had a girlfriend at the time and was in the middle of breaking up with her, I started seeing him after they had broken up, (we weren't dating at the time, he asked to be "exclusive until I was ready to date) he saw bruises on me and knew I was in an abusive relationship, I told him I needed time to get over it and he told me he understood, but was always pushy when it came to my feelings towards him.. I went back to my ex, I slept over and he tried to get in my pants all night, I didn't let him, then in the morning, basically catching me by surprise he had sex with me, for two years all I knew was to just give him what he wanted, or he would get mad at me (hit me or scream at me).. So I let him. I told him to stop and I guess he took it as I was being playful and just turned me around and did it, I broke down to the guy I was seeing about what had happened, I told him it was twice ( I was scared my ex would tell him different to sabotage my happiness, he is capable of that) we took things slow from there but with time everything got better, he asked me to be his girlfriend in November, December 28th he said he was "so in awe with how great things are" January 1st he broke up with me and told me the reasoning was because of what happened, then dated someone else a week later.. I want to explain to him that it was only once, and I was scared of my ex, I was scared for my life and my relationship, I just miss him dearly, but he repeated the same pattern with me that he did with his ex.. Should I say anything or is it not worth it.

52

Most Helpful Guy

• You could try and talk to him.
    The sex with your ex. is not cheating. It's rape. You said no. Your ex did not stop.
    Go to the police and get that a**hole charged. Especially because you were scared for your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to give relationships altogether a break for a while, and focus on healing yourself. Maybe even getting counseling. You moved on way too quick from an abusive relationship and you're really not able to fully commit to anyone at this point.