Taking back a Cheater?

Okay... sooo I'm 16 and going into high school i got my "first boyfriend" (soo exciting) Everything seemed perfect and we we're super close, he treated me with respect and was just super sweet overall. Flash forward a year and a half and i find out that 6 months prior he cheated on me. Of course i was crushed and ended things immediately, only to decide to attempt working things out a few weeks later. He was very apologetic, remorseful, and upset. Too the point his mom told me he was bawling, and i know that makes up for nothing. So we start working things out when i find out he also had a girlfriend from a whole other school, along with the sexual oriented things he did with the one at ours. This defiantly was a setback although it happened around the same time. I know he is a good guy, he just made some horrible decisions, and for the 3 months we've been broken up their hasn't been a day he wasn't by my side begging for me back, or swearing up and down he's changed. I'm emotionally drained and don't know what to do. I do love and care about him but I'm afraid of being hurt again.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• You are never supposed to take back a cheater. If he truly cared about you and loved you he wouldn't have cheated on you. Truth be told he doesn't deserve you at all. And because you think about taking back a cheater which I hope you don't, ask yourself if you want to go through the pain and suffering again. A cheater is never a good guy. A cheater is a guy who has no respect for girls and just wants to use them and play with there feelings, never fall for them. If you are afraid of getting hurt again then go with your gut and do not go back to him. Take my advice, I took back a cheater my ex aka first love wish I never did but I did. And I ended up getting hurt months later but I moved on from it, it just takes time. But if you are not sure about taking him back I would consider going with your gut. He isn't worth your time if you ask me, he treated you like dirt, do you want to be with someone like that in future? You have to figure out if you deserve better, and do not ever settle for less. If you two go to school together I would keep my distance from him and act like he doesn't exist, it worked for me. I would move on somehow and just forget him, he doesn't deserve you, he treated you like dirt and he has no respect for you at all, that isn't right. Do not take him back, you will just get hurt again.