Girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me and then told me not to contact her?

We were together for 3 years. Nothing was wrong on my end and she wasn't upset with me or anything. She came over to my apartment and said that she couldn't do it anymore and ended it, then she left. I was a very shocked so I didn't chase after her or anything. The next morning I went over to her place to ask her what the hell happened and she said that I shouldn't contact her anymore.

It is so fucking weird. Everything was great two days ago and now.. What? I'm supposed to just not contact her ever again and move on? She's my first everything and I love her so much. I want to respect her wishes, but I can't just forget about her and not talk to her anymore. Could there be another guy?
Updates:
It's weird because it was so sudden.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people just wake up one day feeling different, all though it's rare to decide in one day, but she probably was thinking about it for a while, if so- then you have to respect her choice and don't contact her. People sometimes hit you on the back of the head without your knowledge and yeah it's kind of shitty, but you just have to look at is, it's better that she did it now than later, she could just be honestly feeling different whether there's someone else or not, she feels you're not the one for her, as shit as it is, you just have to deal with it in the best possible way, and stop worrying about her, and focus on you. Often people neglect themselves whilst in a relationship and break up, but it's important to move forward with yourself, because it's exactly what she's doing.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you cheat on her? Maybe she know it from somone if no then there's somone in her life

0|0
    0|0
    • Of course I didn't cheat on her.

• Ask her close friends if they know something or they notice something there's reason no way

And she can't just leave you like that its your right to know the reason so dont give up

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• she is hiding something from you and she wants to spare you. Keep you from finding out. She could be thinking that she would rather end things now while you still have the chance to do better things and meet someone else instead of waste your time with her who can never be the things that you are hoping she can be. Lol its so dramatic but i remember i felt like that one time.

I loved my boyfreind so much that I wanted him to be happy no matter what. I was really stressed out with my classes and I didn't want my boyfriend to know. He had already graduated so in my mind I was thinking that I need to be just as succesful as him so i ended up putting a lot of pressure on myself to be as succseful and i equated that to being a good girlfriend when I was failing in my classes. I started feeling like I wasn't good enough for him because I wasn't doing good in my classes. One day he called and i told him that he deserves someone better and thats all i said and then i just blocked him in my phone becasue I was hoping it would make him mad and make him forget me so that he can meet someone else. I hadn't talked to him in two days and I was crying and staying up all night trying to study and just telling myself that im not good enough and that he deserves better.

He eventually called my dad to try and get in contact with me and my dad gave me the phone and i had no choice but to talk to him. And my boyfriend was angry that i ignored him for 2 days but he told me he just couldnt accept that i would sudently try to cut him off like that. He said he was worried and thinking about me the whole time trying to figure out what was going on and he said it affected him in his work becasue he kept thinking about me. I felt so bad that he felt that way and I ended up telling him that I was not doing good in school and i just feel like im not good enough becasue of that.

and he told me he didn't want to put any pressure on me and for me to put him up on a pedastal like I was doing. He ende

0|0
    0|0
    • he ended up giving me tips on what to do about my classes and he helped me feel a whole lot better about school and then we made up.

So maybe your girl is just stressed out about something and she doesn't want it to affect you like what I did. Maybe she has an illness as well and she doenst want it to burden you.

• It's pretty messed up that she didn't give you any explanation. You have a lot of history together and deserve some closure. Unfortunately people handle break ups differently. It's pretty shitty what she did to you though. Give her a few days and then maybe try to talk to her and get some answers.

0|0
    0|0
  • This happened with my ex and I. We were together just shy of 4 years and I dumped him. Although the last year we were together he cheated on me several times and always talked down to me and I just couldn't take it anymore.
    It's likely there is another guy, but it's also likely that there are plenty other reasons she left.
    My advice is to start talking to other women and if she comes back then she does still care about you.
    Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • She's likely hiding something from you. I'd do your best and find out. You deserve that much. But if after reasonable search nothing comes up, I'd just move on. No wasting time with someone who has crappy communication skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • I read a book like this.

Except it was the guy who suddenly broke up with the girl.

At the end of the book.. It turns out that he had leukemia and only a few months to live.

It was so sad. I hope nothing like that is going on

0|0
    0|0
  • That really sucks :(

It could be anything honestly.

I might ask her something along the lines of "I understand that you don't want any contact with me and I will respect that but I care so much about you and we've been together for so long I think you owe it to me to at least let me know why you don't want anymore contact with me"

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It's not very respectful of her to just break up with you all of a sudden and not even tell you why...

Well, maybe try wait a couple of days, then try contact her again and ask for a full reason.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes