Ex responding to texts in a neutral way. What does it mean?

My ex dumped me about 6 weeks ago. About a week ago, I contacted him , 'Hey how r u? Hope you are having a good holiday?' He responded , saying he was having a good time and hope I am having a good time too. I contacted him a second time but he never seemed interested in continuing a conversation and takes a long time to reply.

What does this mean? He said he would like us to be friends when we broke up when I am ready. But the way he is acting doesn't even seem like he wants to be friends...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though he said he wanted to be friends, sometimes it takes a while to actually be ready to be friends. Maybe he just isn't ready yet.

What Guys Said 1

• YOU BROKE UP SO UR DONE. Move on

What Girls Said 1

• All though people generally say "I hope we can be friends" bullshit at the end of a relationship, it's just a nicer thing to say than just get out of my life forever, All though some actually do mean this the whole being friends some just look at is as an easier way to let them down more than they already have. You can't make someone want to stay in contact with you, or remain in contact, if they don't, why would you want to try with someone who won't reciprocate the effort, feelings come and go, and hopefully he isn't that important to remain in your life.