Would you stay friends with your ex after a break up? Why and why not?

The question is quite simple as above.
I've cut off all of my ties with my previous exes because both of them cheated on me and I think it really helped me to move on.
So what about you?
  • Yes I'd continue being friends
    Vote A
  • No, I wouldn't remain friends with them
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I stayed friends with my ex who cheated on me, not just cheated on me he publicly humiliated me with it by its nature and his total fucking lack of discretion about it. I stayed friends until I found out he'd been lying about something else important then I cut him put completely. I let him stew and suffer, he was really upset I wouldn't speak with him, after a long while I forgave him, I let it go as it was doing me no good. I told him that and we are now on speaking terms. I do t speak to him often though so its not like we're pals.

I'm friendly with a lot of my ex's though, I've only had the odd bad break up.

0|1
    0|0
    • So if you used to see them often , what would you do then?
      Thanks for your opinion by the way.

• Show All
    • It's really good that you dropped him though.
      Stay strong and thanks again for your insights :)

• Thanks for the MHO :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Depends on the situation and why and how we broke up.

I'm not friends with my ex. Like you I was cheated on, and I was dumped via text. 5 and a half year relationship ended like that.
    I never want to speak to him again, he makes my blood boil.

0|1
    0|0
    • Five and a half years... dang. I'm sorry.

• Show All
    • Thanks for cheering me up and I hope that your relationship works out well with this guy :) x

• You are welcome darling. I hope I helped. Don't give up hope :)
      Thank you x

• I've tried to be friends with my exes. It's worked out reasonably well; we're not close by any means, but at least we're on speaking terms. However, none of them cheated on me. If they had, I'd cut all ties.

0|2
    0|0
    • This is how I am. We Facebook message or comment on occasion to see how things are. My last ex is even married now. Never really talk in person or do anything together though. That would feel strange to me.

• ill say that id try. because i have tried. it never worked out. I don't know unfortunately it became too awkward, so right now i just plan on cutting exes outta my life.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well my ex n I were extremely close friends before. We got along really well so after the break up it was hard not to talk to him. I think we're kinda going to grow up as close friends

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't.. If you want to forget about someone/move on, you'll need to cut them out of your life.

1|1
    0|0
  • no, i didn't. i never message him anymore, and so dose him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I tried that one time with my ex and it just didn't work out and it felt awkward so I just cut him off and cut off all communication and decided to move on with my life. Mine cheated on me so I just cut him off completely. I don't understand why or how people decide to be friends with there exes when the two of you aren't even together anymore. You are better off just being strangers instead of friends. You are better off just never speaking again. Its pointless and it doesn't solve anything at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • We were good friends for years before we dated. We started really disliking each other during the time we dated. When we broke up I was open to remaining friends, but he showed no interest in continuing any kind of friendship. So that was that.

If my current boyfriend and I broke up, I don't think I could be his friend. I don't think you can ever be just friends after you've truly loved someone. And I love him with everything I am. So trying to be his friend... just... wouldn't work. Not for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you see the person daily, I don't think it's possible. So much emotions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, i look upon my exes as just strangers with memories. People who remain friends with an ex, were either never in love at all , or they still are.

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I just can't stay friends with them. I am cordial when they reach out but besides from that, its as if they never existed for me. It just easier for me to move on this way

0|2
    0|0
  • I voted 'A' but only so long as it works out well :-)

Honestly? except a cpl of instances it never really has worked out well lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. If she cheats on me, then no. But if we broke up mutually, then I'd like to think we can remain friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • staying friends is always the best solution in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done it. most of my exes I don't have any negative feelings for

0|1
    0|0
  • I've tried but its difficult to say the least.

0|1
    0|0
  • Impossible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I stayed decent friends with my ex but I know she makes my current gf uncomfortable because we dated 2 years so I don't have much to do with her anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just wondering why they cheated you?

0|1
    0|0
    • Because I was being too nice instead of typical asshole.

• Show All
    • Yeah I gave her space and no I don't believe in jealousy.

• Maybe the asshole you're talking about is not asshole he's strong and jealous and a bit careless. Do you mean if the guy slaped his gf coz she was smiling to other guys will asshole? If yes based on what? But it's not coz the real personality of women like strong and jealous and a bit controlling man a bit only they rarely admit it

The jealousy it's part of any natural man you shouldn't do that so avoid it in the future

And honestly the girl may thing the real asshole is the one that have no jealousy

You need to grow up and change your thoughts about women and how realitionship work

• I wouldn't. Pointless.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes