He liked me, I broke up with him and now he doesn't want to get back together :( why?

We went out for a month and a half, he really liked me but I didn't feel any connection, so i ended it. During this ״break" I started have feelings for him and felt like I was missing something real good here.
So I called him up telling him I thought about it, and there was a misunderstanding and I wanna get back together. He said he needs to think about it and he'll let me know. 4 days after, he texts me that he's confused and doesn't want to have something unstable between us. :(
If he liked me, why doesn't he want to get back together? It was only a week since i broke up with him!!

And I can swear!!! That he liked me. ( from things he said, the way he looked at me every time and from his body language)

• His ego / he's hurt.
  • doesn't have feelings for me anymore.

812

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he is looking for more than a on/off relationship.. for a guy. At least me. When I am wanting a relationship I want some one that is stable in that situation. It's ok to be this way at a restaurant when ordering food... Haha but your dealing with another persons feelings, emotions. So on.. Maybe next time. Think about thing a little better before making any decisions... And of course he liked you. Then you kicked him to the curb... Then was like,... Oh wait a min... I think I want him back. "Ok you can Come back now I changed my mind" that's not good!!!

• I know... I just really regret it

• Maybe take some time for your self... Such as no relationships for a while. And think about what you really want, who you really are... Kind of " find your self" and in the future.. You will not be making those kinds of mistakes. just saying... It would help.

• Good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to get back together with someone who dumped me. You should have appreciated what you had while you had it. Girls like you think you can just dispose of guys so easily. Next time you get with someone, treat him better.

• I didn't have any feelings for him at the time... What was i suppose to do?