He liked me, I broke up with him and now he doesn't want to get back together :( why?

We went out for a month and a half, he really liked me but I didn't feel any connection, so i ended it. During this ״break" I started have feelings for him and felt like I was missing something real good here.
So I called him up telling him I thought about it, and there was a misunderstanding and I wanna get back together. He said he needs to think about it and he'll let me know. 4 days after, he texts me that he's confused and doesn't want to have something unstable between us. :(
If he liked me, why doesn't he want to get back together? It was only a week since i broke up with him!!

And I can swear!!! That he liked me. ( from things he said, the way he looked at me every time and from his body language)

• His ego / he's hurt.
    Vote A
  • doesn't have feelings for me anymore.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he is looking for more than a on/off relationship.. for a guy. At least me. When I am wanting a relationship I want some one that is stable in that situation. It's ok to be this way at a restaurant when ordering food... Haha but your dealing with another persons feelings, emotions. So on.. Maybe next time. Think about thing a little better before making any decisions... And of course he liked you. Then you kicked him to the curb... Then was like,... Oh wait a min... I think I want him back. "Ok you can Come back now I changed my mind" that's not good!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • I know... I just really regret it

• Maybe take some time for your self... Such as no relationships for a while. And think about what you really want, who you really are... Kind of " find your self" and in the future.. You will not be making those kinds of mistakes. just saying... It would help.

• Good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to get back together with someone who dumped me. You should have appreciated what you had while you had it. Girls like you think you can just dispose of guys so easily. Next time you get with someone, treat him better.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't have any feelings for him at the time... What was i suppose to do?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• You made a mistake girl. No matter how much a guy likes you, he's not gonna put up with an unstable relationship. You shouldve had this epiphony that you like him sooner, because now he doesn't trust you anymore and any relationship that you two rebuild is goung to be too unstable to succeed

0|1
    0|0
    • I know i've made a mistake. A big one! But this "break / a week with no contact" just made me realize that i like him... :(
      It was only 1 week after we broke when i called him. Not like a month.
      Is there a chance he'll come back?

• Only if you beg and beg and beg. You need to realize that he is not just gonna always be there waiting for you no matter what you do to him.

• I won't beg beg and beg. I'll just leave him be.

• I don't like how you put ego and hurt in the same option...
    He was probably just really hurt by you leaving him and he doesn't want to feel as though he's being used and is something which can be left and then picked up just like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called self respect if someone broke up with me there is no way would ever get back together with them.

1|1
    0|0
    • But if you like her, and she is what you're looking for. Would you still?

• Show All
    • I was dumped before... i can totally understand him... I made a fucking big mistake and i hope he'll come back

• It's a coincidence. I just got back from having lunch with my ex (she left me for some fuck boi) and I guess her and her bf broke up and she was trying to get me back. I only met up with her to get my comics back but I fucking crushed her. it was going good like a normal date and I seemed interested but at the end she asked me if I was seeing someone and I told her I was And how happy I am.

My new gf is way hotter too. But yeah she felt so stupid. Made my day.

Moral of the story is you don't shit where you sleep.

Why would you pass up something good then come crawling back. Get off your knees and move forward.

• Your pushing him away made an unstable situation. Now he has to wonder if you will bolt. He is now unsure of the stability of getting into a relationship with you until he is sure it can or would be solid

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait a minute, so YOU broke up with him and all of a sudden you change your mind and he is SUPPOSED to get back with you? Hmm, some entitlement there alright. I think YOU and your ego is hurt. Well, you didn't want him now and you made that decision so you have to deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was him, I would make you jump through hoops, and then probably still tell you to fuck off...
    You only want him because he didn't beg, and it hurt your ego..
    You play games and deserve someone who plays games too

0|0
    0|0
    • No, it didn't hurt my ego and how am i playing games?
      I called him up bc i started to have feelings for him. Not bc he didn't beg

• It's straight forward, you had him and you let him go.
      If you didn't have feelings for him before, why date him and lead him on?
      He has no idea you will not change your mind straight again if he does take you back...
      Should let him be, and take the experience into your next relationship

• I've done what you have done when I was younger too... Best you just move on sorry

• When a girl rejects me, then asks to come back to me; 95% of the time i'l not come back and just tell her: sorry you lost your chance and i only offer myself once.

The reason being is that i HATE feeling like i'm a toy/tool that a girl can use whenever she feels like it, and i'm not going to be the BACKUP guy for someone either. Plus, i have self respect and too much pride for that. The only way that i would go back with a girl is if she had a convincing reason for me which i understand and if i really really really LOVED her at the same time, and that rarely ever ever happens (it never happened).

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't get back with u either... u can't jus break up with some one and break there heart cuz u dont like them then expect for them to jus go back to u when u deacide ur ready

0|0
    0|0
  • It's over, find someone else

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't put up with someone like you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ummmm. . . because you broke up with him?

0|0
    0|0
    • If a girl you like came back to you, would you take her back?

• Show All
    • When we dated, i didn't have any feelings towards him, so i thought "why should I continue dating him". But after i broke up, i started to think about him and have feelings for him.

• Doesn't bode well for your feeling of attraction to him. He knows this.

What Girls Said 7

• "I broke up with him and he doesn't want to get back together, why?"

YOU SERIOUS?

1|3
    0|0
    • Yea... If he really likes me, and im coming back to him, why can't we work things out?
      What he's basically doing is, playing games.

• Show All
    • You tell her sister!

*pinches those wonderful cheeks*

• @Ihav2fart I'm gonna break your fingers >:[

• Well...

YOU broke with him. And now you want him back. Doesn't matter if it was for an hour, the fact that you could so easily break up with him is proooobably what's on his mind. You're a little wishy-washy in my opinion. And just because you miss him, doesn't mean that a connection just popped up outta nowhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • You rejected him once. Don't expect people to wait on their knees for you just because you don't feel the 'connection'. Only if you have given more thought to it before rejecting him, you could have had him. He might change his decision, he might not.

0|0
    0|0
    • I hope hell come back

• You messed it up, sorry girl. You hurt him and now he can't trust you anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's too late, lunch is overcooked... you both weren't in sync with each other...

0|0
    0|0
  • You missed your chance, girl. Better to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • his ur ex now.
    forget and find someone else

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes