How bad is this brush off? Have a try again in the future?

Just curious, got the brush off in a short term relationship. She told me basically that, " she had received some news, was having an existential life crisis and too confused to date anyone atm, that I was fabulous, wildly funny and an amazing person, and she sees a lovely lady in my near future "
A very polite brush off, and it was no drama, I let it all be...
Should I go and say hi if I see her out, we hang out in the same local spots, or just leave her completely alone...
The real reason would be my heads a complete mess still dealing with my dad's death...

11

What Girls Said 1

• I think that if you just want to reach out in a friendly fashion to help yourself get into life it's okay. I wouldn't really expect anything romantic. If she declines, don't even worry about. It could be that she's having a hard time rn too.

I think you must be a super awesome guy for her to have said all those great things about you. It's never a bad thing to ask for professional help adjusting to a major life change.

• Thanks for the kind words, you'll make me blush :P
      And thanks for the encouragement too

• Hey kindness is always free :)

• Yeah, we really got along great, hence just slightly frustrated with myself :(
      But again, thanks :)

What Guys Said 1

• Dude maybe you should deal with your dad's death first before anything else. I mean come, it's your dad

• Was 5 months ago, anxiety still was very high/depression not too bad... but you have to move forward pal, nothing gained sulking around feeling sorry for yourself.. but I see your point, cheers