My ex broke up with me two years ago. Why does she still have me blocked on all forms of communication? We're in our mid-40's, is it immature?

We are in our forties and have known each other for 35 years. Our families know each other, for decades. She seems to hate me, there was no cheating or violence in the relationship. I did beg her back for about two weeks, but knew that wouldn't do any good, so we are in no contact. She dumped me.
ok so you give a clean break, that is nice. You seem mature. But when you and an ex break up, do you make it so you never have contact again with each other? Ever? If your exes mom or dad died would you not offer any type of condolence or anything?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• she's probably blocked you and eventually forgot about it, if she had gone to the trouble of unblocking you from everything it might give out the wrong signals to you in that you might think she missed you or was hinting that she wanted you to communicate with her again

• That is a solid answer, though forgetting about blocking someone is saying you forgot about them. Unblocking though doesn't mean I can communicate with her, I would have to be her friend too.

• it depends on the social media site, on Facebook you can private message people who aren't your friends and also unblocking an ex when she's with someone else might make her partner jealous, upset or suspicious especially as there's so much history between you two.

Most Helpful Guy

• How is that immature lol... the immature thing here is you still questioning something that happened 2 years ago! You're 45 you old sod... Move on!

• It is immature in that it shows no respect for someone. At age twenty, you have no idea about relationships. I can tell by your maturity.

• Yes, I agree it is hard to take advice from someone who can't read or comprehend. You are only twenty and have no clue about adult relationships. If you did you would not talk to people the way you do.

• Whatever dude.