My ex broke up with me two years ago. Why does she still have me blocked on all forms of communication? We're in our mid-40's, is it immature?

We are in our forties and have known each other for 35 years. Our families know each other, for decades. She seems to hate me, there was no cheating or violence in the relationship. I did beg her back for about two weeks, but knew that wouldn't do any good, so we are in no contact. She dumped me.
Updates:
ok so you give a clean break, that is nice. You seem mature. But when you and an ex break up, do you make it so you never have contact again with each other? Ever? If your exes mom or dad died would you not offer any type of condolence or anything?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• she's probably blocked you and eventually forgot about it, if she had gone to the trouble of unblocking you from everything it might give out the wrong signals to you in that you might think she missed you or was hinting that she wanted you to communicate with her again

0|0
    0|0
    • That is a solid answer, though forgetting about blocking someone is saying you forgot about them. Unblocking though doesn't mean I can communicate with her, I would have to be her friend too.

• it depends on the social media site, on Facebook you can private message people who aren't your friends and also unblocking an ex when she's with someone else might make her partner jealous, upset or suspicious especially as there's so much history between you two.

Most Helpful Guy

• How is that immature lol... the immature thing here is you still questioning something that happened 2 years ago! You're 45 you old sod... Move on!

1|0
    0|0
    • It is immature in that it shows no respect for someone. At age twenty, you have no idea about relationships. I can tell by your maturity.

• Show All
    • Yes, I agree it is hard to take advice from someone who can't read or comprehend. You are only twenty and have no clue about adult relationships. If you did you would not talk to people the way you do.

• Whatever dude.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't hate my exes, but I don't feel the need to be friends with them, either. An ex is, in my opinion, an ex. I may be friendly if I see them, but to be friends isn't necessary. She may feel the same as I do, unfortunately.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ok you don't hate your exes, but if an ex hates you, does it bother you? There are many couples who become friends after a breakup. Are you the type who just runs with no explanations?

• Show All
    • Ah I get your point. You know you can still send her a FB message and it goes under "other.". Just a hey, how are you? Or an innocent card to her address?

• No I can't send her a Facebook message I'm blocked from all forms of communications. You are confused between losing contact and No Contact.

• The question is. Why do you even care? It's been two years. Move on.

1|1
    1|1
    • I care because we are suppose to be friends after a relationship. It maybe cool at your age to hate, exes, but when you get older you realize it is immature.

• Show All
    • I guess you didn't see where I stated I have been blocked on Facebook. All forms of communication. I honestly think you are confusing no contact with losing contact.

• Does it really matter though?

• Yes, that's rather immature. She can't just pretend that y'all never happened.

0|1
    0|0
    • She is though and it is bothersome to have someone dislike you.

What Guys Said 3

• She probably just never unblocked you and eventually just moved on. I would leave it alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • So just continue ignoring each other, aka No Contact? It seems childish at this age.

• Show All
    • I also don't believe people when people say they might have forgot they blocked you. Unless you're blocking ever Tom, Dick, and Harry, one knows who they block. There is no forgetting. Not trying to be mean, but it is true.

• well if that is the case, then you know even more. She has done it on purpose. It isn't nice and rather childish, but you can't fix silly or stupid or childish. You can just move on. Sorry it happened bro.

• because she doesn't wanna talk to you?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not immature.

0|0
    0|0
    • How is it mature?

• Show All
    • She likely considers dealing with you a confrontation. I can see why.

• How is it mature? Mouth?

Recommended myTakes