Divorce Legality Opinion?

"I, ____, take you to be my lawfully wedded ____. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, or worse, for richer, or poorer, In sickness and in health, 'til death do us part."

These vows must ALWAYS be taken VERY seriously! These vows are regarding the REST OF YOUR LIVES!
Personally, I think divorce should be illegal. It is especially important for people in religions supporting The Bible, which is also against it.

That's my opinion on divorce, anyway. What's yours? Do you think it should, or should not be legal, and why?
Also, an option if you are open to this part of the subject: What is your religion, and how strongly does it effect your opinion?
Remember what marriage IS. Marriage is a group of VOWS.
A vow is not an idea. A vow is not a deal. A vow is a promise, and a solemn one at that.

Never make a solemn promise unless you are 101% sure you can keep, let alone so many at once!!
Do note that I am not telling anyone to make it illigal, but simply stating my opinion.
Also keep in mind I am not trying to change your opinion. I am just saying what mine is, and asking what yours is.
If you don't want to talk about both of our opinions, that's fine. Just stop talking about yours.

311

Most Helpful Girl

• Religion and civil law need a divorce.

I think both are beneficial, but they need to stay separate. You know, give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar and to God what belongs to God, kinda thing.

• Do you think that would be possible?

• That's the thing though - there isn't a difference between the two.

• In nation that exercises religious freedom, there is. Faith based beliefs are a covenant with God, the law is just the code of the land. The religious couple can abide by both, however.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree entirely. Jesus spoke on it very clearly in Matthew 5, and 19. :)

• I feel it has been forgotten by everyone who disagrees with me just what marriage it, as is said in the question's update.

• Have you seen "Mrs. Doubtfire"? It's a hilarious Robin Williams classic regarding divorce.

• Oh absolutely! :D Classic from the 90's, love that movie.