How to move on?

So for the few of you who have seen my previous questions, you know I had strong feelings, unfortunately for my friends with benefits. Well today, I ended things with him. It was hurting me too much knowing I'd never be more than a friend. And I'm crying here like a baby, since this is my first real heart break (we made it 1 year this past Saturday, having this fucked up "relationship") and I'm wondering, what have you done to help you move on?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I think to come to that realization and end it the way you did is incredibly mature of you. I'm sorry you're dealing with all the emotions that come with it and there's really no heartbreak cure unfortunately. Just allow yourself to feel what you're feeling because your emotions are totally valid and try to understand that it won't last forever. It's not really great advice but if anything, you probably know now what types of things you need in a serious relationship so you can look at it as a growing experience. When the time is right you'll meet someone who will want to be with you just as much as you want to be with them. It's hard to see that now and maybe you don't want to think about anyone else, but the relationship that you deserve will come to you. In the meantime surround yourself with good people and the things you enjoy. That always helped me (:

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think that's really good advice. Any kinds words you can give to someone, when they are going through bad times, does have valid impact on them. If it's kind words, that consider it good advice.

• Thank you, your advice is also incredibly helpful and I am definitely trying my best to take it all one step at a time. Thanks for understanding :)

• You're welcome hun <3 I've been right where you are and know what you're dealing with. Your happiness is important and little by little you will get that back. Take all the time you need to feel better, there's no time limit on a broken heart.