Should I tell my boyfriend that I'm breaking up with him because I'm not attracted to him?

I'm breaking up with my boyfriend because I'm not attracted to him. He was and is very charming and sweet which is why I went out with him in the first place but I'm not attracted to him so it won't last. After I break up with him should I tell him the truth or just lie?
  • Tell him the truth
  • Generic break up line
  • Not sure
    Vote C

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He is gonna be pissed off anyway, say you feel no chemistry, though you think he is amazing.. Will help him move on easier, but not hurt his ego too much..
    Danger with generic is sometimes it still leaves them with a little hope for the future

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you word it- if you say you know he's attractive but you don't feel the chemistry or sexual attraction then I would say B, but if you say you just don't find him attractive/ he's not attractive enough then I would say A. It's best to give the real reason so it can be easier for him to have closure- but with that being said when it comes to looks you have to be very careful with what you say and tread a very thin line because what you say can be very damaging to his self confidence.