Is it easier to get over someone for men?

I was wondering if men and women differ in this perspective. In general, either after a long relationship or just a casual encounter, I have the impression that women tend to longer linger over someone. For men it seems easier to move on. Like out of sight, out of mind. What do you think? Have you met a girl you really liked and as soon as she left, you forgot about her? - This is just to find out opinions from men and women about their personal experiences.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone is different and the relationships they are in differ, my own experience i still think about a female that i was in a longterm relationship with, i think it depends on who breaks it off, she broke up with me, we are still the best of friends, i would do anything for her, if she asked me in the morning if i would go back with her i wouldn't even have to think about it. but that is just me, i know things will never end up like that, i have moved on and i am with someone else at the moment, just because a relationship ends doesn't mean a person has to stop loving the person they were with. it has been 4 years now and i can easily say my love for her has not changed in those 4 years, but life is life and things don't always end with happily ever after

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• well, from what i noticed, yeah, guys have an easier time at letting go than girls (though why is it so is beyond my comprehension since any girl could hook up with any guy with next to no effort whereas guys, we don't have that luxury).
    almost all of my friends and aquaintances got over their failed relations pretty easily whereas the girls i know... not so much. xD

1|0
    0|0
  • We've been conditioned not to show our emotions or lean on others for emotional support because it's perceived as weakness, but beneath that, the feelings are very much there.

I for one don't do casual relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person, girls move on quick in my opinion, men just dont let their vulnerability be seen, girls are just able to be more open with their emotions...

My ex cheated on me so it didn't take long for her to get over me...

0|0
    0|0
  • it really depends on how invested the guy is in the girl. I've seen both sides get over it quickly and some take forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah true dat... since girls are more emotional beings :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's easier for women. They don't care, they just go "Okay, whatever... next in line please"

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in my case... it took me over 6 months to get over one girl. She left me for another guy and I felt so broken and betrayed. I'm doing better now but I'm still not truly Over her.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's different. Guys just hide their feelings about a break up well

1|0
    0|0
  • I think guys just don't talk about it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes