Is it easier to get over someone for men?

I was wondering if men and women differ in this perspective. In general, either after a long relationship or just a casual encounter, I have the impression that women tend to longer linger over someone. For men it seems easier to move on. Like out of sight, out of mind. What do you think? Have you met a girl you really liked and as soon as she left, you forgot about her? - This is just to find out opinions from men and women about their personal experiences.
Thanks :-)

28

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone is different and the relationships they are in differ, my own experience i still think about a female that i was in a longterm relationship with, i think it depends on who breaks it off, she broke up with me, we are still the best of friends, i would do anything for her, if she asked me in the morning if i would go back with her i wouldn't even have to think about it. but that is just me, i know things will never end up like that, i have moved on and i am with someone else at the moment, just because a relationship ends doesn't mean a person has to stop loving the person they were with. it has been 4 years now and i can easily say my love for her has not changed in those 4 years, but life is life and things don't always end with happily ever after