My First Heartbreak. Any Advice on How to Deal?

About six months ago, the guy that I loved left me for someone else. For a while, we were just kind of growing apart and I guess that's why he left. This guy is someone who I have known for my entire life. We grew up together and I don't have a single happy or significant childhood memory without him in it. We shaped many aspects of each other and there is no friend who i know more. Its a kind strong bond that is very unique because you just know the person like the back of your hand, just like a family member. Anyone who has had a life-long childhood would know. When we started to come of age, my father put a stop to him staying the night with us. At twelve years old, for the first time, we were living without each other, and at the worst time when our childhood was comming to an end. We were still able to see each other but it eventually became rare that we did. When i was about 16, we started associating more and we began to feel like a little more than friends. Just before i was seventeen, we got together. I was so happy and hadn't been for the longest time because of problems at home. Within a year, we just began to grow apart. He was always a flirt and i guess was doing it a lot behind my back. He left me for another girl. He was my first friend, my first memory, a huge part of my childhood, first boyfriend, first kiss, first time, and first love. In the beginning, I honestly saw this coming. He was always a little player, even as little kids haha. That is my fault for getting into this knowing this. I was just having so much fun and I didn't think that I was going to fall this hard at all. I think about him every day. No matter how hard I try, I just cannot feel it for anyone else. My bond with him runs too deep. I'm kind of afraid to feel for anyone else now anyway because I'm afraid that its going to happen again. I'm just so down right now and had no one to talk to. I just wanted some advice on what to do.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Its sad but it happens. Most childhood sweetheart relations don't survive to adulthood. Just know that it wasn't meant to be and there's someone out there Taylor made for you

Most Helpful Girl

• He will always remember and hold that bond you have with him as well, so don't think you are alone. One day you two will connect again whether it's for friendship or more, it'll more than likely happen. Just stay positive and focus on you. Making yourself a strong woman - focusing on school or work or whatever is important in your life right now. Time is on your side and eventually everything will fall into place as it's suppose to. You're still so young, so try and focus on you right now.