The inevitable finally happened, I saw them together. How to shake it off?

I moved here to be closer to the man that I was in a LDR with. He was the one who wanted me here. After I got here, he disappeared and said he is working 60 hrs/week and commutes 2 hours roundtrip/day. I was upset, but shook it off. Well, as it turns out, he has a gf. A gf who has lived with him for 2 years :(. He claims they haven't had sex in "forever" and he said he will choose me over her, that he needs time. I blocked him from everything. My apartment is not far from his place and on my way to work this morning, there they were, waiting together for the city bus. She was talking, he was messing with his phone. I can't help but to compare myself. She has no style, she looks frumpy. It makes me so sad. I've known him for 25 years.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• All you can do is get busy and move on. I am sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is aweful, I am sorry... you need a good cry, a long bath, and some shopping therapy. Well at least you think you are prettier than her. You did the right thing to block him, you need to move on. Try not to be angry with her, sounds like she is a victim too. Don't buy into the they don't have sex in forever. Recognize he is the villain here not his girlfriend...

• I'm not angry at her. And I'm not trying to be vindictive when I said she was plain looking, but I'm just being honest. When I found out, by an annonymous tipper on Fb, I immedietely went to her fb page and checked her out. Big nose, big glasses, wears "walking dead" t shirts and talks about her book collection that she still has from her childhood. I thought she was a dweeb and it makes me feel better that she is not a supermodel. I can't explain it.

• I certain will. It's silly for anyone to be this sad and upset when you put it in perspective. We have a lot to be thankful for. Some people cannot walk, are being abused, are being held captive, are homeless. Pfft. We need to live, we are not guaranteed tomorrow!

• Agree :)