I was turned down in a really nasty way, an I'm hurting bad. Please help?

This may be long, so please bear with me.

There was this woman I was friends with, for several years. She had indicated long back that she can never consider me more than a friend, and I was fine with that because I didn't have feelings for her either.

We weren't in touch for a couple of months due to certain career commitments. Then yesterday, out of the blue she contacted me. And this is what she said "I was wrong to assume that you could only be a friend. I realize that you're perfect boyfriend material for me, and we could really inspire each other". And said something more along similar lines. I didn't know what came over me, but I suppose her words made me like her at that instant, and so I too confessed that I was really happy with what you said, and we could be a great couple.

Then I was shocked at her response. She said "You're going too far, I only said that we'll be perfect for each other but that doesn't mean I have feelings for you. I should have told you this upfront, but my mind is messed up and I'm unable to think clearly".

So it was all over within a matter of 20 minutes. I'm not the type of person to get swayed easily. But when I had a beautiful woman looking me in the eye and saying those things, combined with the fact that I have been single for over 4 years now, I couldn't resist confessing. But I guess she just 'tricked' me into confessing, only to turn me down. I feel like I made a complete fool of myself.

I have only had these kind of experiences with women. My first ex cheated on me with a 60 year old man, and my second ex was a habitual liar. I refrained from dating for over 4 years, and this this woman does what I mentioned above. She cruelly played with my emotions.

I really don't know what's wrong with me, which makes women treat me like shit. I don't know if I should just give up on women altogether, because I honestly don't think I can ever find a woman who doesn't play with my feelings.

Kindly advice.

1510

Most Helpful Girl

• She was wrong her intentions were absolutely to hurt you. She made you think she had feelings for you than twist the words around. I'm sorry you went through that but her doing that she definitely doesn't deserve you. Her attitude will not get her far and what goes around comes around and maybe things haven't been great for you when it comes to relationships but take the time to right down what it is you feel your good qualities are and what you could work on.. be honest with yourself. Maybe things haven't been ok now but it's not the end too many people in this world and your time is coming soon.. i have found myself that the time when I wasn't looking is when I found. So don't lose hope.. their a light at the end of the tunnel. . smile :)

• Thanks for your kind words.

But it's not only this woman, every woman, past and present, have treated me like crap when it comes to things like romance and relationships. So it obviously makes me wonder if the fault is with me, rather than the women. :(

• I'm not at all pushy. Not even a bit. In fact, like I have mentioned in the question, I didn't even have feelings for her before she said the things she did.

I honestly wonder if the supposedly 'good' things about me are what is making women consider me as the worst possible scum of the planet. :(

• No way.. if you have good qualities than embrace them. . never change for people.. be yourself always

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn that bites

I used to be like this and i got my emotions played with alot! Until one day i decided i wasn't going to let women do this to me

Speak your mind and mean/do what u say if you see a woman you think is hot walk up and talk to her you'll find that women will like this and yeah you'll come across some douchebag bitches who think there Gods gift to men but just take it and leave it.

One thing i will say is be humble ok unless your frikin brad pitt or have a super hot ripped body and a million dollars you will be an average guy to every woman you meet so dont act like your better than anyone but also remember a woman shits out her ass too and it does stink, so dont let them act like their better than you!

• Well... I didn't even have feelings for her until she said the things which she did, yesterday. I only responded. It's not so much about the rejection itself, but the insult, humiliation and the way of rejection which made me feel like crap about myself.

• Then I was shocked at her response. She said "You're going too far, I only said that we'll be perfect for each other but that doesn't mean I have feelings for you. I should have told you this upfront, but my mind is messed up and I'm unable to think clearly".

I would have taken this moment to speak my mind i would have said "then why are you telling me this what is it you want from me?"

• I suppose I was transport to Disneyland too soon, so I couldn't think or responded to logically at that moment. Too bad this Disneyland trip didn't last for more than 20 minutes! ::P