Did I do the right thing?

My ex and the father of my son ended our relationship 3 months ago.
During this time he has told me he has been very depressed and stressed with his life etc and I have tried to be there for him even thou he was my ex I still love him, and deep down want our relationship to work out.
During the last 3 months it has been a roller coaster where he give me the impression we might be getting back together where he opens up emotionally to me, talk about the stress in his life and also hook up with me.
He then withdraws again not wanting to talk to me for days yet will talk to others during this time. Obviously I reached a point of feeling used and told him that I would always love him but can't keep excusing his behaviour, I wished him all the best and said I hope to hear from him soon but I won't be contacting him.
After I said this he hasn't attempted to contact me at all now I am wondering if I did the right thing knowing he feels the world is against him I don't want him to think I have turned my back on him but I had to accept I am his ex and he ended it so I shouldn't be there all the time for him.
Did I do the right thing or is he likely to just disappear and think I have turned on him too?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You did the right thing.. my advice will be to wait.. be patient.. and see what he'll do.. don't wait him for too long.. if takes him ages to call you.. drop it.. live your life and leave him behind you..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you did the right thing. You can't be walked all over. You told him you hope to hear from him soon so you haven't shunned him or anything. The ball is in his court. Just be there if he needs to talk. That's about all you can do.

As someone who went through the same sort of thing, (married 14 years, came home one day to find out suddenly she wasn't in love with me and she wanted me to leave. 2 year old daughter at the time.) I'm very sorry this happened. That's a hard pill to swallow. It does get easier with time. I wish you all the best and good luck.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes