Is it possible to be friends with an ex?

Why does my Ex hate me? Is it possible to be friends with your ex?

I've always wondered if it's possible to be friends with an ex. My ex was maybe my first love - real love.

I met him 4 years ago and felt like we belonged, two years later I met him again randomly while dating his friend. When his friend and I broke up, he chased me like crazy. I kept rejecting him but then I finally gave in.

We had the best relationship, we were soooo close. We had sex all the time, we talked 24/7 I could see myself marrying this man.

And then one day I found out he was sleeping with someone else. Was it all fake? But I knew it couldn't be, we were extremely close. I thought maybe he slipped up. So I forgave him.

I had serious trust issues with him, a part of me hated him but I stayed I worked through it and got over it.

Then I found out he cheated again.
So I told him it was over. He texted me periodically the day we broke up. And then I told him to stop texting me, and he just switched off. He called me a bitch, he told me that he was going to post naked pictures of me online, he kept attacking me.

I was mad at him, but I never knew he could switch so easily.

Then I felt like I did something wrong wfen though he was the one who cheated on me.

I was so heartbroken that someone I once loved so deeply was able to switch so quickly.

He then got married 3 months later -

Can someone give me clarity as a guy how do you just shut off?
  • Yes, it is possible.
  • No it's not possible

1111

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible, it's just a really really really really really really really really really really bad idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• You want to be friends with this person? Doesn't sound like he's very nice to you. I think you dodged a bullet.

• I did you are soooooo right. Just hard when you think about the good times I don't know.

What Guys Said 10

• I think you can be friendly with an ex... but not friends! It would just be to weird for any new bf's or gf's. Once your apart its best to stay apart and only have contact if its accidental or necessary!

• Why the hell would you want to be friends with someone that cheated on you?

• My question was why do men do a 180 and go from I love you to fuck you bitch even if they know They are wrong

• of course it is!!! it doesn't happen rarely... the fact that they're exes doesn't men they cannot befriends

• Depends if it's a bad break up or not, my ex pretty much said to my face she regret meeting me, but I deserved it because I wasn't loyal enough. I don't think exs should be friends

• Im still cool with 2 of my exs it would be 4 if their current boyfriends werent such insecure pansies.

• I'm friends with at least 3 of my ex's

• Depends on what you mean by "friend"

• Me and my ex were still like best friends

• I wouldn't stay friends with you either

• I tried to be friend s with my ex and ended up having more feelings for her and it made the situation even more worse.. I hate her just to get over her and move on and to concentrate on other thing s

What Girls Said 10

• They say if two past lovers can remain friends they were either never in love or still are.

sometimes being friends hurts too much especially if you still love the person.

• It is somewhat possible but its very difficult. If you two are on good terms of the break up then I don't see why not. My ex and I tried to be friends and I was just like nope this isn't going to work so we just cut off all contact with each other. Especially if you have to go through seeing there face everyday, its hard. I couldn't do it, you are better off just moving on with your life. I don't understand how people try to be friends with there exes, I don't think exes should be friends at all. Just keep your distance from one and other and you should be fine, that's what my ex and I do. Its possible but it is very rare that exes could end up being friends. Say there was cheating involved, then no I couldn't. Its a bad idea, because you may start to catch feelings for them and get your hopes up for nothing. Plus my ex broke up with me for no reason never gave me closure or anything, so no I couldn't. All we ever do is make awkward eye contact. If he says, hi I'll say hi but I won't go over and start a conversation. Plus he and I were never friends to begin with. Just pack up your stuff and keep moving forward never look back. Plus my ex treated me like dirt so there's no way in the world I would tolerate being friends with him, he played me, etc.

• well he didn't cheat on you he cheated on the girl he married. You were one of his side chicks. But just because he's married doesn't mean he's a changed man. Reading parts of your situation sounds like you already know the answer and that's a No. He's a dog and he's being disgusting using women.

• For me impossible. My ex of 8 years was horrible to me after I broke up with him. He called me horrible names. Text me all day long. One time left 30 voicemails when I was on a date. Sent threats in my email. So no thanks. He still emails even though I'm married. I don't respond.

• 80% of the time, it's not but it is after like a year of no contact, when you know you've both moved on. There's no real reason to be friends though. :|

• it is possible but i think it's kinda risky because feelings might get involved.
    i've tried to be friends with an ex and it just didn't work at all because i ended up wanting him even more.

• I'm friends with 3 or 4 of my exes. We click better as friends than we ever did as a couple.

• With an X like that, it would be very difficult. But a simple relationship with no sex involved that would be easier to become friends again.

• it's... possible... BUT ID NEVER DO IT

• I'm Jenny Kehoe from united states, i have been married for 14years without a child birth, i have visited different homes in search on how i could get pregnant, it seems like i have wasted all my time visiting those homes... In short, I m very happy today i now have kids i can now call my own and i want to say a very big thanks to DR Osaze of spirituallove @ hotmail. com the spellcaster i meet online who help me to cast a pregnancy spell that make me got pregnant, He is a man who enjoy helping people he have help me and most of my friends and today we are happy we have kids we can call our own, email the great DR on spirituallove @ hotmail. com for all kind of problems like BRING BACK YOUR EX, DIVORCE, GOOD JOB.. and you will be happy you did,