How do you deal with healing from a first love?

I just got dumped by my first real love. I'm wondering how do you heal from it?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Corny but true: time heals all wounds. slowly but surely you'll start focusing on the one person that should matter; yourself.
    It's not an easy road yet its one that has been traveled by many. Love ends with one person because the next Love Is who you are supposed to be with. appreciate the good times you had learn from it all and look forward to what the future holds.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• My first love broke up with me about a year ago. It was hard for me to get over him because he meant the world to me and was my first everything. It takes time to get over a first love, the pain is indescribable. It took me about 5-8 months to get over my ex. My best advice would be to just focus on yourself, do not listen to sad songs, whatever he gave you throw it away or burn it. If you have his number delete it and block it and block him off of every social network. Cut off all contact with him and never speak to him again. Acting like he didn't exist helped me as well. It takes a lot of time though because its your first heart break of course. Hang out with friends, listen to music (no sad songs), find a hobby or something you enjoy doing for a living, go out and meet new people but don't start back dating just yet, give yourself space and time to heal. One big thing that helped me was cutting off all communication with my ex and just focusing on myself, acting like he didn't exist. And after about a year I finally got him out of my head, I was so proud and happy of myself. It just takes time, time heals all wounds.

• As much as you may not want to hear this answer... seriously, it just takes time.

Go out when you are ready, but never compare, the new guy won't measure up. Embrace your new found single'ness and remind yourself what it is that you enjoyed in life that may have been forgotten.

Time will heal those feelings.

• You have to accept the fact you love the person. Let out your feelings even it means crying. Occupy yourself by partying, making new friends, studing. Get rid of anything that reminds you of him. Don't listen to sad songs. Watch a lot of comedy. And soon you forget about him and you'll feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off your shoulder.