Who does my ex boyfriend not seem to care?

My ex boyfriend and I have been on and off for 3 years. About a week ago, we broke it off because we never got along and didn't understand each other. We told each other we would always love each other and wished it would have worked out. My friend who is also friends with me, is telling me he's talking to over girls. Which is really messing me up in the head and making me feel very anxious. I told him I didn't want to know anything. I texted him last night, because I got a text from a random number asking what I do with my life. I thought he gave my number to someone so they could mess with me. So I asked and he said, 'no.' Then I said 'oh, okay. Well I found out who it was anyway.' (It was my brother) He didn't reply. So, I got upset. Texted him a few hours later saying how hurt I was by this, and how I didn't want to sound needy or anything, how I thought he didn't care anymore. He didn't reply. I got even more upset and texted him 3 more times. I said, 'you don't care, you said you did but I know you don't. Nothing ever mattered, etc. He replied a few hours later and said, 'I don't want to talk, sorry.' I said, 'then why even tell me to text you when I please. I hate you.' He didn't reply. Let me just tell you guys that he is very mean and immature as well. I'm just so confused and hurt. I don't understand. He's making me feel like I never meant anything to him. I feel like I can't focus on anything else. Like work, school. I've gained a lot of weight in the last few months. I'm just so upset.. I don't know what to do right now. Why is he acting this way?

His friend is also friends with me*
Also, I feel as if he lied about everything he said to me when we broke up. How he loved me and cared, and wanted the best for me. I don't believe it because he wouldn't treat me this way if he did.

11