Does the no contact rule actually helps you move on from someone?

I've been having a sexual relationship with a guy. he made it clear that were not in a relationship & i figured i could be unattached but that was a mistake the problem is I ended up comepletely fell for him. When we hang out its like sparks flying everywhere the sex is amazing were extremely intimate & we have this crazy emotional connection it seems like he's falling for me too but when were not around each other (he lives 20-30 minutes away & comes back to my city on the weekends) its a different story. He never hits me up only when he's in town late at night tryna get me to come over. So i made the decision to cut him off because My intuition kept telling me im going to get hurt. So I blocked him on every social media site & blocked his number & started the no contact yesterday without even giving him a warning But i still can't stop thinking of all the good times we had & how good he made me feel sometimes. I just want to forget him & move on with my life so will the NCR actually work 😕

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It works but its difficult at first but it gets easier I promise. I did it with my ex and he came back to me. It didn't last very long though suddenly he broke up with me out of the blue. What did he do to you? Did he led you on or trick you into thinking he liked you? Seems like to me he played with your feelings. You don't deserve someone like that, my ex did the same thing to me. He must not know what he wants. The no contact rule it does work but you have to be careful with it, because I got led on when I used it but I've healed. Its hard at first but it gets so much more easier when the days go by. Just cut him off completely and if you do see him in a public place act like he doesn't exist, trust me it works just as much. It helps you get the person it could take days, weeks, or even months or maybe up to a year. For me it took about 5-8 months to get over my ex and I have healed.

What Guys Said 2

• Help me understand why you want to forget him.. i can't see why.. are you afraid of being emotionally hurt.. or what

• Yesssss i know that i will be hurt bad because in reality to him im just a booty call that he only calls when he's in town late at night horny or drunk. He would never feel the same way about me as I do about him. I deserve somebody that makes me happy all the time not just when im naked. So I have to move on but its so hard :(

• Oooh you love him...:-D.. well i suggest being honest with him and to tell him how you really feel.. or you can simply accept the harsh reality and to be his booty call... if he has feelings for you he won't hide them.. and if he doesn't has any you can't put them into his heart

• Yea i guess you could say that i love him... but its clear im a booty call. I don't know forsure if he has any feelings for me & im tired of wondering. these types of relationships rarely work & don't last long so i might as well save myself the heartache before my feelings for him grow stronger

• It works but it's so hard at the first.

Try to chase every thoughts you have from him when it comes to your mind
    Do things , hang with friends , it'll give you smile and smile is so productive that
    it erases everything , smile will help you forgetting , and ease your pain.

change number , you'd maybe tempted to unblock him someday if you're alone boring , or thinking , or destroyed.

What Girls Said 2

• Time for a quick science lesson: Oxytocin is the chemical that forms long term bonds with someone and makes you feel all warm and glowy. Sex makes your brain produce oxytocin. Estrogen causes the effects of oxytocin to be stronger Women have a lot of estrogen. Therefore, sex can get really personal for women even if they don't want it to. No contact is a good idea.

• Actually it only helps. It doesn't really change b