Why do exes become cold?

After they've dumped you? Why the sudden complete asshole behavior? Why not just be a nice person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not be civilized? Well, relationships are complex in nature. When a person enters into a relationship, he or she will push and invest a lot of his or her good emotion into it. When a person is passionate, that can go good or bad. When a relationship ends, it normally brings sadness and/or anger. This only is hyped up with all of the passion. In other words, all of the happy emotion becomes super anger and sadness. This emotion is attached to the ex partner; thus, they become assholes.

0|0
    0|0
    • But why feel sadness & anger towards someone that you chose to leave?

• Show All
    • Yeah, but if you really invested in someone wouldn't you be less likely to give up?

• When the reward or output is not enough, people will "sell" and walk away.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they need you for absolutely nothing, so you get treated like everyone else that they want nothing from. That's kind of how humans work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• he is doing the right thing, doesn't want to give you false hope...
    but i think there is a better way to go about it, he shouldn't be talking to you at all...
    when i broke up with my ex 4 months ago thats the last time i had any contact with her
    she probably think i am horrible for that but its made it easier for both of us...

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, see, that's the thing that throws me off. It would be fine if he just cut off contact.. but sometimes he randomly texts me asking to meet up, then he'll cancel and the next time i see him in person he completely ignores me and acts like a dick.

• nah fuck that!
      you have to take action and not meet up with him, you need to cut off contact
      dont meet up with him, dont reply to his messages nothing!

• Did you dump him or did he dump you?

If you dumped him, then of course he'd be cold to you. You broke his heart, unless he cheated.

But if he dumped you, maybe he just doesn't like you anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess because they're disappointedafter the break-up maybe?

ibelieve better give them some time :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • That is strange that he would act that way since he was the one who broke up with you. Was he very angry when he broke up with you?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not sure... I think maybe he was frustrated with me not telling him how I felt more often? But I can't be sure... He also has started posting passive aggressive Facebook statuses that are more than likely about me

• Show All
    • Yes! One time when he ignored me I texted him asking if he was mad and he said no...

• Well, I really can't understand why he is so upset. All I can advise is to try getting over him.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes