Why do exes become cold?

After they've dumped you? Why the sudden complete asshole behavior? Why not just be a nice person?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not be civilized? Well, relationships are complex in nature. When a person enters into a relationship, he or she will push and invest a lot of his or her good emotion into it. When a person is passionate, that can go good or bad. When a relationship ends, it normally brings sadness and/or anger. This only is hyped up with all of the passion. In other words, all of the happy emotion becomes super anger and sadness. This emotion is attached to the ex partner; thus, they become assholes.

• But why feel sadness & anger towards someone that you chose to leave?

• Yeah, but if you really invested in someone wouldn't you be less likely to give up?

• When the reward or output is not enough, people will "sell" and walk away.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they need you for absolutely nothing, so you get treated like everyone else that they want nothing from. That's kind of how humans work.