Does the no contact rule actually works to help you move on?

I fell for a guy that could never feel the same way about me our relationship was mainly sexual we were never in a relationship or planning to be in one soon it was just sex at least for him. The more I agreed to meet up with him & we had the stronger my feelings for him got. I knew deep down i was kinda just a booty call so I decided to try to move on by blocking him & cutting off all contact without any warning. Its been a few days & i still think about him & the last times we were together & start to miss him. So how will i get over him if he's still stuck in my head :/

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't get him out of your head... you just live with him in there. Time and other events in your life will eventually erase memories of him, but until then, you have to live with him up there.

I find doing something new, out of your usual circles can help. Go on a little trip, join a new club, do some volunteer work for a good cause. A new passion can help you refocus and cheer you up!

When you break up there is always the sad part... but there is also some good things that come of it too... you can do whatever you want... some freedom to get back to who you are. So take advantage of that time alone to get some things accomplished you always wanted to do that you would not have likely been able to do with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Time heals all wounds as the old saying goes here, dear. It's only 'Been a few days,' so the war wounds are still fresh and you really haven't actually begun to lick these sores just yet, so it's normal, natural to feel like you do right now.
    By what you are saying, it's apparent you had to break it off. He was only Into One thing, you Into another thing and together, the chemistry wasn't meant to be.
    I believe there is someone out there who is better love potion for you. Do some soul searching, focus now on you only and No Contact is the secret potion and my notion to hurry the healing process and get you back out there with better... success.
    Good luck and blessings for the rest of 2015. xx