Why can't I move on?

So, my bf broke up with me 8 months ago coz he wanted to be with someone else. It totally hurts until now. We first met when he moved from America. He was the one who taught me English that's and now I'm pretty good at it. He had broken up after dating 10 months and we got back and lasted for 8 months. And now we are so far from each other, we're not in the same school anymore. And we haven't seen each other for quite long. It should've made me easier to move on, right? But why I just can't?

I asked my friends and they said "try to find things that you hate about him". Well, I did this. But it's not working

11