What does avoidance mean?

My boyfriend and I broke up almost a week ago. I lied about something small, but in the end I came clean. It was really more of a fib. Before that, he said he loved me, we were supposed to be moving in together, and he even said he wanted to marry me. We work together, and lately he is going out of his way to avoid me. He wasn't immediately after the breakup, but he is now. Ever since I came to work wearing the outfit he asked me never to wear. I'm hoping he'll contact me, but the avoidance has me worried. Does it mean he's really done with me?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was as small of a thing as you say it is, there's either a bigger picture you're missing (like he has a complex about anyone lying to him about anything) or he's using it as an excuse because he'd decided he wanted to split up anyway. Ask him outright if it's one of these things. Hopefully he gives you an honest answer, but either way, you'll have done what you can to find out and seek a solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, if you want him back tel him, otherwise time to work on moving on with your life.

• He knows. Right now, he won't even talk to me.