Do you think my ex was being insensitive? What should I do to make myself feel better?

I really wanted to know the truth about something my ex boyfriend said, so I messaged him. He didn't respond and I knew he was ignoring me. I asked him nicely to please respond but he didn't respond. I got really frusturated and ended up insulting him for not responding. He was being mean by ignoring while I was impatient to know the answer. It's true I went too far, I got so mad that I lost control. I deeply regret it right now. (So please you guys, no hate against me, lol).
What's worse was that he was harassing me through private messages. I told him I'm sorry and I regret what I said, but he will still send me insulting messages. I even asked for a mutual apology and we should be nice to each other even though we are ex bf/gf. Despite that he would continue mis treating me. I'm worried right now, because I caught him screen shoting the insult I sent to him and he sent it to people and told them I'm crazy and psycho just because of that one nasty text message. I'm afraid that people will think I'm psycho/terrible just because of that one nasty text message.
This is my first ex boyfriend. It's natural people don't like their ex, but would you harass your ex like that and tell him/her to kill themselves just like my ex did?
Updates:
For the first part of my question, I wanted to know the truth about something he said about me. So that's why I think it was kind of appropriate for me to message him.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You both are broke upo now here, dear, and of course, he Obviously Didn't Feel he Had to Respond and Apparently-----He didn't respond.
    Now it has gotten out of hellish hand where it was a heated back and forth message malarkey with "He said, she said" and it doesn't look like you will even end up as fine feathered friends till the end now so I feel, before you drive one another crazy with anymore madness, it might be best to Discontune all contact and both of you go to your separate corners, gloves off now.
    Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's good-bye, my love forever. However, in your own case, with no face to face, if you can't ask him a question of the past and he just gives you this blast and it gets real ugly in the end where 'Would you harass your ex like that and tell him/her to kill themselves just like my ex did,' then both of you are better off not speaking nor tweeking, and to be happy you are no longer together as two birds of as feather.
    Good luck. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much here, dear, and hope you're okay.:)) xxoo

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Would I? No. I'd have just never responded.

0|0
    0|0
    • Even when she asked you nicely to please respond? Why don't people understand how much pain they inflict on people by not responding in any way? I understand that people have their right to not respond, but choosing to let people sit there and feel stupid for even writing in the first place? That's just all kinds of rude.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm the type of person who doesn't care what people think of me, so it's not going to hurt me either way. But I'll see if I can try to help.

1) He's your ex for a reason. Whatever that reason, if you two aren't on friendly terms, there's no reason for him to have to respond to your messages.

2) I wouldn't harass my ex like that, but I would be damned if I would let him try and make ME out to look like the psycho.

So I would go onto his page and post the whole conversation instead of the snippet that he did to make me look bad (or send it to those people). And I mean, the WHOLE conversation--including my insults.

3) I don't think he's being insensitive. I think he's being immature. Good riddance, eh?

2|0
    0|0
  • Why on earth are you still in contact with an EX? This concept eludes me. You are exes, you can't expect him to be friendly with you. Just block him because he is being hateful and move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wanted to know the truth about something he said about me. So that's why I think it was kind of appropriate for me to message him

• I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem judgmental; rereading my response it certainly seemed so. The point really should have been, basically: screw him, he is being rude and insensitive. You're probably not going to get the truth out if him, block him so he can't hurt you anymore.

• Thanks for your response :)

• I would never resort to treating anyone like that. What he's done is completely wrong and over the top of insensitive. You do care what people might think about you, but please stop worrying about that. Lies spread faster than the truth and if people believe something about you without hearing your side of the story, they don't care about you in the first place and you should care just as much about them.

I'm sorry things have ended so badly between you and your ex... that's just awful and I wish you all the best... don't listen to him, try to block out this last chapter of your relationship, focus on the good times/memories, and try as hard as you can to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he's going too far now. I suggest cutting all contact with him. There's not much you can say to make him change. The best way to get people to see who you really are is to be the best you that you can be.

If he is sending that screenshot around, people already know it's a messy breakup, so they won't think too much of it. Also, if he continues and you back away completely, people will begin to think that he's the crazy one because he can't get over a text message from an ex and you have moved on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes