Do you think my ex was being insensitive? What should I do to make myself feel better?

I really wanted to know the truth about something my ex boyfriend said, so I messaged him. He didn't respond and I knew he was ignoring me. I asked him nicely to please respond but he didn't respond. I got really frusturated and ended up insulting him for not responding. He was being mean by ignoring while I was impatient to know the answer. It's true I went too far, I got so mad that I lost control. I deeply regret it right now. (So please you guys, no hate against me, lol).
What's worse was that he was harassing me through private messages. I told him I'm sorry and I regret what I said, but he will still send me insulting messages. I even asked for a mutual apology and we should be nice to each other even though we are ex bf/gf. Despite that he would continue mis treating me. I'm worried right now, because I caught him screen shoting the insult I sent to him and he sent it to people and told them I'm crazy and psycho just because of that one nasty text message. I'm afraid that people will think I'm psycho/terrible just because of that one nasty text message.
This is my first ex boyfriend. It's natural people don't like their ex, but would you harass your ex like that and tell him/her to kill themselves just like my ex did?
For the first part of my question, I wanted to know the truth about something he said about me. So that's why I think it was kind of appropriate for me to message him.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• You both are broke upo now here, dear, and of course, he Obviously Didn't Feel he Had to Respond and Apparently-----He didn't respond.
    Now it has gotten out of hellish hand where it was a heated back and forth message malarkey with "He said, she said" and it doesn't look like you will even end up as fine feathered friends till the end now so I feel, before you drive one another crazy with anymore madness, it might be best to Discontune all contact and both of you go to your separate corners, gloves off now.
    Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's good-bye, my love forever. However, in your own case, with no face to face, if you can't ask him a question of the past and he just gives you this blast and it gets real ugly in the end where 'Would you harass your ex like that and tell him/her to kill themselves just like my ex did,' then both of you are better off not speaking nor tweeking, and to be happy you are no longer together as two birds of as feather.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much here, dear, and hope you're okay.:)) xxoo