I think I can't get over it because this was so out of the blue and not at all like him? But I need help trying to forget?

It's all very very complicated but to put it briefly, I was in a relationship for 3 years (15-18 years old) with my ex boyfriend, and our relationship ended very suddenly, literally one day everything was how it always has been, I had no suspicions about him acting any different, and then the next he is crying his eyes out telling me 'he can't do it anymore' and that that's it. I haven't spoken to him since, but for the last 7 months I have received cyber abuse from him and his friends despite having blocked them all, he always seemed to find a new person who I hadn't blocked to get at me through. I finally rang his mother and told her what had been going on and she rang him and told him to stop otherwise it would be a case for the police, and it's been almost a month and I've not heard anything since. Which is great. However I can help but miss him horrendously. I don't have any closure for why we ended, and I can't understand how he went from 3 years of a lovely relationship to 7 months of pure abuse despite the fact he was the one that ended it with me. Can anyone help me to get over it or give me some advice. It's been 8 months almost since we ended. Which I know isn't an awfully long time but it's been a very painful experience up until now still with all the abuse. Thank you.

20