Is it okay to meet with ex?

So he broke up via text. And texting is prone to a lot of misunderstandings. Seriously, it makes it hard to understand both sides, right? Anyway, I want to ask him to meet up and talk about this. Not necessarily to change his decision but more of understanding each other more. More of now that I'm not all emotional like how I was when he tried to explain his side that day via text haha.

Do you think its okay to ask this from him? Its been a month of no contact since I want the both of us to have a time for ourselves first.

Honestly, I still have questions I'd like to clarify because he's been giving confusing answers before.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• How long were you together? What reasons did he give for breaking up with you?

• For 3 years. And he was the first one to approach me before and said he liked me as more than a friend. I knew he was going to leave to study abroad for his scholarship and I was okay with it. He asked if we could meet once he comes here for good and I said yes.

Fast forward to 3 years after that, I recently asked him what he saw of me. I kind of want to make things official and said so we won't waste each other's time. That's when he decided to end things. I guess I rushed him too much as he wasn't ready yet.

Well, he told me at first he was worried that he suddenly loses contact with me because he's busy and once he graduates soon, he's worried he wouldn't be able to balance having a girlfriend and his work. He said that I'm not the only one that he loses interest to talk to. It's just that he doesn't feel like talking in general

• Disappoint me because... he's not sure yet of what he feels for me? Is that it?

Do you think it's okay if I suggest we stay as friends? Like still keep in contact with each other

• No. Disappoint in the future when you are both 4 years older. Don't you think it would be harder to wait 4 years and then come back together only for it to fizzle out in a couple of months? What a waste of 4 years of waiting.

Yes, suggest to keep your friendship. Why not?