Why has he stopped talking to me?

I met up with my ex about a week ago and we had a fairly good chat and enjoyed seeing each other again in person. We spoke about things and he asked if I wanted a hug and gave me one before I left. But he held onto me tightly for about 30 seconds and buried his head into my shoulder. Literally about a minute after I left, he text me saying it was nice seeing me in person again, that he enjoyed the hug and told me to enjoy my day. I felt happier that we were being nice to each other again and that was that. I expected him to contact me in a couple days but he didn't.

I sent him a link to a song which shared my feelings, he saw it but I later told him to ignore it, that I was holding onto nothing but he didn't see it (he ignored it). I text him today saying our two year anniversary would've been tomorrow but he didn't answer. I text him again hours later sarcastically saying I was enjoying this no contact "friendship" that he really wanted.

He just replied saying he saw my text but I keep sending stuff that keeps reminding him of "things"? What does that mean? I feel like he's trying to forget about me, despite asking constantly for friendship. Do you think that meet up made him miss me and reconsider getting back together?
Updates:
He left me because he wasn't ready for commitment but he's still very much in love with me and said he would like to try again in the future when he's experienced more and is older, so that'd be a couple years in the future and by then, we would've found someone else. He said that maybe fate/destiny will bring us together in the future.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he still misses you and thinks about you. I think he didn't text you back because he is trying to move on and be strong. I think when he saw you in person that was tough on him. But since he left you he has to live with that decision.

1|0
    0|0
    • He's completely ignoring me now. He said he can't be friends with me because I bring stuff up about the relationship but I apologised, said I wouldn't do that and want friendship but he's still ignoring me and it's really hurting. I've shown I can talk to him as a friend but now he doesn't want anything to do with me. It feels like he's ignored me for weeks but it's only been two days. : It's my birthday and he hasn't even sent me a birthday message out of kindness. I thought he would at least do that, I would do the same for him.

• Show All
    • I don't think he deserves it any more and it's getting surprisingly easier... uncomfortably easier though it's been two months already! D: A suspicious person has been writing on my ask. fm though, saying "I see you're sad, why not talk to the boys of your past". Made me feel it's my ex trying to anonymously encourage me to talk to him but I won't. I'm going to go at least a month with no contact. Thanks for all your help!

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion. wow it's been 2 months. I think you could be right about that suspicious person maybe it could be him. It sounds like him. And that would be cool if you can go a month with no contact. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Difficult to say as I don't know who finished the relationship. My guess is that the hug was just to say thanks for the good times, but it is now just, at best, a friendship. If he left you, then hold back, walk away and wait for him to make the first move. Don't wait too long, though. Go find another guy, but I always think it best to get to know him really well before committing yourself too much.

0|0
    0|0
    • He left me.

• It sounds like he is inexperienced or insecure or both. may be other issues, too. I know how hard it is, but but the hurt will get better. There are loads of decent guys out here, or at least they really try to be. We are only human and do make mistakes, but decent guys never do things deliberately. I feel you should turn your back on this one, and try to move on one tiny step at a time. Please don't feel ashamed to have a good howl if the tears come. It may help the resolve to pick yourself up and carry with your life. I know how hard it was for my mum when she lost my dad. All she could do was go forward. There was no going back. Take good care and Bright Blessings.

• You may meet up again by chance/fate, but please don't bank on it! You are worth more than wasting your life on waiting for something that may not happen. by the way I'm 17. Typo in my profile. Don't know how to fix it!

• Be careful, aren't you starting to "think" things again and letting your emotions do the job?
    The problem is - and I'm also someone who tends to do that: you're trying to guess what he's thinking and reacting to it... but that often leads to totally wrong conclusions.
    If you sent him that song first, than told him to ignore (=confused him) and than a sarcastic message I don't think there was any for him to understand what was happening.
    I think you were confused and sent some confusing messages out to him.
    I'd send him a kind message saying you were just confused about his silence and may have reacted the wrong way. That is, if you still want to work on repairing your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been trying to talk to him and he's ignoring me again. I said "Clearly friendship wasn't what you wanted. Bye". He's sending ME mixed signals, that's why I'm confused and acting weird again.

• Yeah I know and I recognize it... I always have that tendency to be afraid of things that simply aren't there. Really, the trick is dare to ASK things carefully if you're confused. By simply telling things like "you know, this is my weak point but... what did you mean when you said? Sorry it worried me a bit".
      That way, you'll get feedback and avoid panic. Plus he probably know you strong and weak points so probably that would never upset him.
      The problem is: if you want to see mixed signals you always see them... I'm guilty of that too but I've learned from it!

• Sorry, you broke up. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, you should move one and stop expecting or hoping things will work out with him.

And men know that women (for whatever illogical reason) believe in fate/destiny, so saying something like that is a way of letting you off easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's decided if he can't have you completely, he doesn't want you at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • He left me.

• That doesn't make a difference, sometimes you want to be with a girl but it's not really plausible for whatever reason.

What Girls Said 2

• Hannah591 i know exactly how you are feeling. the same thing happened with my ex. we decided we would be friends and have eachother in our lifes still. For me that meant hearing all about his new girlfriend and how special and perfect she was. That hurt like a bitch and i just had to take it because we were friends. Nothing I said could hurt him, not even the slightest. I could say to him I've been seeing a guy and he would just be like "thats great i want you to be happy and you will see that this guy is so much better then me" it sucked.
    But then all of a sudden out of nowhere he just stopped talking to me, didn't even wish me a happy birthday out of common decency.
    I don't know what happened. I believe that he was still remembering the good times when we caught up and spoke and that was interfering with his ability to move on with his new girl. So he cut me out. so he could move on. I have to believe that because otherwise i feel like im nothing to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would appear the relationship is over. He has accepted that but your not ready to let it go yet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes