Why has he stopped talking to me?

I met up with my ex about a week ago and we had a fairly good chat and enjoyed seeing each other again in person. We spoke about things and he asked if I wanted a hug and gave me one before I left. But he held onto me tightly for about 30 seconds and buried his head into my shoulder. Literally about a minute after I left, he text me saying it was nice seeing me in person again, that he enjoyed the hug and told me to enjoy my day. I felt happier that we were being nice to each other again and that was that. I expected him to contact me in a couple days but he didn't.

I sent him a link to a song which shared my feelings, he saw it but I later told him to ignore it, that I was holding onto nothing but he didn't see it (he ignored it). I text him today saying our two year anniversary would've been tomorrow but he didn't answer. I text him again hours later sarcastically saying I was enjoying this no contact "friendship" that he really wanted.

He just replied saying he saw my text but I keep sending stuff that keeps reminding him of "things"? What does that mean? I feel like he's trying to forget about me, despite asking constantly for friendship. Do you think that meet up made him miss me and reconsider getting back together?
He left me because he wasn't ready for commitment but he's still very much in love with me and said he would like to try again in the future when he's experienced more and is older, so that'd be a couple years in the future and by then, we would've found someone else. He said that maybe fate/destiny will bring us together in the future.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he still misses you and thinks about you. I think he didn't text you back because he is trying to move on and be strong. I think when he saw you in person that was tough on him. But since he left you he has to live with that decision.

• He's completely ignoring me now. He said he can't be friends with me because I bring stuff up about the relationship but I apologised, said I wouldn't do that and want friendship but he's still ignoring me and it's really hurting. I've shown I can talk to him as a friend but now he doesn't want anything to do with me. It feels like he's ignored me for weeks but it's only been two days. : It's my birthday and he hasn't even sent me a birthday message out of kindness. I thought he would at least do that, I would do the same for him.

• I don't think he deserves it any more and it's getting surprisingly easier... uncomfortably easier though it's been two months already! D: A suspicious person has been writing on my ask. fm though, saying "I see you're sad, why not talk to the boys of your past". Made me feel it's my ex trying to anonymously encourage me to talk to him but I won't. I'm going to go at least a month with no contact. Thanks for all your help!

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion. wow it's been 2 months. I think you could be right about that suspicious person maybe it could be him. It sounds like him. And that would be cool if you can go a month with no contact. :)