How long does it take for a guy to get over a break up?

I just broke up with my boyfriend, and I feel really bad because I was his first girlfriend. I just want to know how long it usually takes for guys to get over break ups.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How long is a piece of string? I just lost my first gf. Hurts like hell, but I know I will get over it. My mum lost my dad 8 years ago and she's never got over it. He was her soulmate, true love at first sight. She just does not want another man in her life. It can be the same for both m and f, the gender doesn't matter. Some people will bounce back, even if it is on the rebound, but some never get over it. by the way, my dad was my mum's very first bf. Don't feel too bad about it, these things happen, all part of growing up. No one's fault.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I assume it depends upon the extent in which he cares for you and the method he uses to get over the breakup. If, for example, he mopes around and dwells in self-pity, it may be an extensive amount of time before he over it.

On the other hand, though, if he occupies his time in positivity, novelty and well wishers, he may get over the breakup much sooner.

0|0
    0|0
  • You always remember your first love and all the things it could have been. But as his first you are just a stepping stone someone he can grow and learn from. Hope he can see that others are out there and you two just were not meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • With enough practice, he could get it down to less than 2 hours. It depends on how much practice he's had with evil women.
    Optimism helps too. There's always something better on the horizon.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends how heavily he'll tke it basically... how much do you believe?

0|0
    0|0
  • It varies depending upon their maturity and emotional strength. You broke up with him, so why does this concern you at all?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys have this magical ability to snap back into the game like an elastic

Depends on the person tho

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes