How long does it take for a guy to get over a break up?

I just broke up with my boyfriend, and I feel really bad because I was his first girlfriend. I just want to know how long it usually takes for guys to get over break ups.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• How long is a piece of string? I just lost my first gf. Hurts like hell, but I know I will get over it. My mum lost my dad 8 years ago and she's never got over it. He was her soulmate, true love at first sight. She just does not want another man in her life. It can be the same for both m and f, the gender doesn't matter. Some people will bounce back, even if it is on the rebound, but some never get over it. by the way, my dad was my mum's very first bf. Don't feel too bad about it, these things happen, all part of growing up. No one's fault.