Guys, what should I do about my ex?

so,
He broke it off and I was devastated. We dated for a very long time. ..after the breakup, We didn't speak for almost a year. He tried very hard to get in touch with me & eventually we started talking again. I thought he wanted to reconcile.. Now I don't know anymore. Yet he texts me a lot.

We were intimate a few times over the summer but haven't been for a while. He is in school full time & interning as well. He also recently started buying a house. & has been dealing with that for some time. He has been walking my dogs a few days a week. I've tried stopping this but he continues to want to do it.

Last time we were together he basically said he was very stressed out & busy. It's been months since I've actually seen him, yet he's at my apartment few days a week walking my dogs.

Why does he hang around or text me knowing full well I still have feelings for him? I have been in constant anxious pain for so long now I don't know how to function.

2

What Guys Said 2

• Demand him to either reconcile or completely remove contact. That will get rid of your "anxious pain". This "anxious pain" is why you don't linger in no-man's land as an emotional tampon for your ex-partner. It is too painful to be friends with someone that you want to be lovers with.

Hence, tell him it's all or nothing. Anything but explicit reconciliation: terminate all contact. If he wishes to reconcile: take things slowly and gradually work your way back up dating each other.

• the best that you can do is to try to remain friends with him in my opinion...