Is it normal to never speak to ex again?

I've just ended a 11 month relationship with a guy i loved dearly. It was long distance and I no longer could put up with the distance and we both understood and ended things well. Although he seemed a little hurt my the break up but we agreed it was for the best and that we'd keep in touch. I don't talk nor have i ever tried to speak to any of my exes. But this is because we ended badly. This is the first break up where it seemed mutual and we both understood. Question is will i ever hear from him again? Should i ever talk to him? Its over but id still like to make sure he's okay every once in a while especially since he's been going through family issues in the past and i had always helped him. Or should i keep my distance and never speak to him again?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If your wanting to stay in touch it means you still have feelings for him. Ask him if he would mind if you called every once in a while

Most Helpful Girl

• If your breakup was mutual than it's possible that after some time you can reconnect. That's the only case in which I was able to call an ex a friend because it was mutual and the relationship was honest.