Does anyone have any stories of an ex bf falling back in love with them? if not, do you think it's possible and how?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• I love my ex... not in a boiling hot way but in a permanent way that'll be there if we stay exes or not.. but I'm really keenly aware that both of us need to do a little more growing up before we could get back together. then it might well work out.

• do you think being friends and hanging out would get that spark back? he doesn't love me anymore but isn't fully over me as well but he has agreed to have lunch with me next weekend. i'm just hoping that it'll make him realize it as friends that i'm not the person i am anymore and that i'm better and know how to make the relationship better than it was before. basically i'm saying our bond will be stronger.

• Opinion owner... Dont you feel bad about deceiving the people you are with if you're still inlove with ur ex?

• It's more complicated than that. I'm not "in love" with my ex now, I love her as a human being and still find her attractive, but I've been down the subtle move-making dangerous road before and we are not doing that. I could be "in love" with her again and I think she could be with me, but both of us want to live abroad and have some time apart I think.

My current girlfriend knows our relationship isn't permanent because it's just... not. Eventually one of us will move on. Realizing that was tough, but we're also good for each other (supportive, helpful, friends, companions) in the meantime... so why break up? We opened the relationship up a little bit and SHE'S the one taking advantage of it (I'm too busy having major life freakouts lol).

I would not go back to my ex and start anything except a committed relationship with her though if it ever did happen... and we're both sort of unspokenly thinking on a time scale of years anyway, each of us has stuff we want to do with our life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it hard to believe to happen legitimately, though a lot depends on why you broke up the first time around, how old you were, etc.
    I was with a guy for like.. 2 years or so in high school. It was really good, spent every day together, hung out with the same crowd, etc.. Drifted towards the end of high school, broke up. About 1 year after that we had lost contact. When I turned legal I started bumping into him at a local bar and we started hanging out again. One thing led to another and it was like we jumped right back into where we left off. Or so I thought.. towards the end I was filled with a lot of suspicion/uncertainty. He ended up cheating on me.
    I think I 'feel back in love' with the idea of who he had been the first time around than who he actually was now.

Take caution of that if you're in a similar position.

• i understand it takes work for someone to fall in love with you again and requires a lot of patience‚Ķ i still have hope but at the same time not letting my guard down about this lunch as friends that we are having next weekend. i'm not over him and he's not completely over me and he says there's no chance in us getting back together but he has agreed to a lunch so i think he thought about it after our talk today. and i'm just hoping that working it out as friends will bring that spark back.

• hmm yeah every situation will be different. Especially with what you're saying though, about hoping the spark will still be there though... sounds a lot like my train of thought back then. It's like a vicious cycle, you want that spark back so bad you make excuses for his shitty behaviour non-stop. You start convincing yourself that everything he's doing is definitely according to plan...
      k sorry about being such a downer lol. Good luck, who knows, it might work for you. If you go ahead with it, have a friend by your side. Your friends will see the red flags way before you let yourself recognize them usually only after the fact. Listen to what your friends say too, it'll be really helpful with their judgement not being clouded by emotions & all.