Best way to go about breaking up with someone?

(I know many of you are familiar with my situation from what I may have told you in pm or previous questions.
In any case, I've reached the end of the line with my boyfriend. I'm out of patience, trying to make myself beelive the exciuses made up in his defense. I know I'm not happy, running out of ways to answer when my friends ask what I'm even getting out of hte rezlationship, but I'm still scared to call it off. )

On Thursday all's well, when he calls and asks if I'm okay that he invite a friend to our bike ride. I said sure, hoping I'd meet with my guy a bit before the friend so I could tell him about the almost panic attack I got for a presentation. I get there and he's already with the friend, waiting on their bikes.

I calm down cause I know the next day is our movie night, where we'll have some alone time. Sex doesn't happen &it ends with me just getting him to cum via oral. We were watching Once Upon a Time which I wanted to get him into since I did get into GOT just for him but he barely wants to even cuddle. Like I legit had to ask him to cuddle/kiss me. The whole time he's also on his phone.

While dropping me off I'm not in the best mood. Only made worse because he's like 'oh baby, are you upset? I know.. it's because you didn't get any sex today.' I stay quiet, silent car ride. In front of my house it returns to the issue and I said I'm just giving up, I feel like I'm putting in all the work, he already cancelled so many of the plans we made in terms of scheduling.

We had badmiinton the next day, I ignored him basically the whole time, just chatting with a friend.
He said he won't make it to our usual hang out time on Tuesday due to exams, but will take me to dinner on Wednesday. Do I wait till then to break up with him? Do I ask him to meet beforehand, despite him having exams on Tuesday & Wednesday?
ShouId I even bother explaining why I'm way too exhausted to

68

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him tomorrow (Wednesday).

Don't do it at a dinner, though. Tell him that you need to meet and talk. Go somewhere as private as you want, and tell him that you've grown apart, feelings have faded, and that it's over.

I hope it goes ok. Seriously, good luck.

• thank-you.
      But wait what.. tell him that, even if I'm willing to work on it so long as he is? My feelings obviously haven't faded.
      Or are you saying that from his end, so I should end things for my own sake?

• OK, so keep in mind that I'm just going off of the information I read here...

It kinda seems like this dude has had his chances, and he's never shown a willingness/desire/ability to meet your needs. Also, reading your post it just felt like he's checked out. It reads like a relationship that's been headed toward a
      conclusion for quite some, and it's gonna inevitably go that way sooner or later.

That said, if you really believe in your heart of hearts that he's capable of lasting, meaningful change, and you wanna give things one more shot because you have strong feelings, then I
      wouldn't dissuade you from that either.

• Thanks. Hope everything is well. :)