help!! even though i broke it off, why do i feel like i did the wrong thing?

I broke up with my girlfriend 2 months ago. I haven't spoke to her since.. (Well once, but she said she hated me). I never really had deep feelings for anybody. She made me feel.. She let me in and I couldn't reciprocate due to my own shortcomings. The reason why I broke up with her is that she has a kid, and I know for a fact that I'm not in the mental place to be a father figure and head of household. I couldn't be what she needed. I understand that. Everybody grows different. Pardon me, but these feelings are new to me and this is partly me venting. I want her back with my animal mind (strictly emotion), but I know better. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, HOW IN THE WORLD DO I DEAL WITH THIS!?!? That was the first time in my life I felt something other than Shallow emotion. I dream about her.. Constantly.. I don't know.. Im just looking for insight or someone who's felt this before

40

Most Helpful Girl

• my husband and i were soulmates and we parted because i couldnt have kids. he didn't know this, i selfishly pushed him away for 2 years until he left as i knew he would never leave me because of it but he wanted so badly to be a father to his own children.

I feel your pain as I cannot have him back but i miss him every day. If you really feel you cannot take her child on then don't go near her. In the end she made the choice to have a child and to potentially be alone with said child and knowing the potential a man may reject her because of it.

If you can't get passed it, dont do it.