What makes an ex boyfriend reach out after about 6 wks of no contact?

My ex and I have been in an on and off relationship for 4 years. We have broken up a total of 2 times. Now this time he broke up with me he pulled away. He became more distant and asked for space since we were arguing a lot. I guess I went into pursue mode. The thing is that when he finally broke up with me it was almost as if he "staged" the fight.

So we break up and about 6 wks of almost no contact, he comes over because we have a child together and asks if we could be friends. I told him I'd consider it, but was not sure he then asked for a hug.

The thing I dont get is that I heard through the grapevine that he is talking to another female. He gets really mad when I don't want to be friends, but you have to understand I have been through sooo much with him. He has really bad anger issues, destroys things and one time threatened my life. He has never physically hurt me, but has destroyed my property. Why do you think all of a sudden he is asking for a friendship and is angry that I dont want one. I still have feelings for him. I won't lie, but they are slowly starting to fade.

Last wk when it was his turn to pick up our son, his mom came with him and called me and was saying they wanted to come over to see how I was doing. She has also told me that he asks a lot about me. He's in his early 30's and Im in my late 20's.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• He has no one else to comfort him or someone he is familiar with. He doesn't value you as a person, he just wants to know he can still get a response and manipulate you. He will repeat the behaviour because he doesn't know how to learn new, healthier behaviours. You should limit your interaction to discussing your child.