Would you erase all memories of your former lover if you could?

Question is inspired by the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• no. I think I've learned things from every relationship (romantic or platonic) in my life and removing those memories would also remove the things I learned from those relationships

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like that movie. Now I want to watch again. :)

No I would not erase all of those memories... I had lessons to learn from that... And I did. :) there were beautiful memories and ugly memories.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you remember the ugly memories more or the beautiful ones?

• I remember the ugly memories more in times because they were more intense

• Thank you for the MHO. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• *Reads answers*

Wow. People are straight up pussies.

0|1
    0|1
    • So you wouldnt?

• Show All
    • Depends on how high the physical pain is. But I can see the correlation you're making, it's a pretty good comparison.

Personally, I think I would take pain killers if my pain was extreme (I think, I have a pretty high pain thresh hold but I'm no Superman), though I won't be a hypocrite to my logic, if there was a person who had the same fracture as me, and refused pain killers, I would completely acknowledge that guy as tougher than me.

• To me, tough is tough. It doesn't matter what the pain is.

*WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURE*

a.abcnews.com/.../..._Quang_Duc_nt_130610_blog.jpg

This is a picture of a monk who set himself on fire during a protest. He didn't even so much as yell or scream. If a person can have this level of tolerance for physical pain through sheer willpower and discipline, then I'm sure I can at least try and deal with an ankle fracture.

• I would do that plus my woman’s memory of her exs and I'd also remove all the horrible corruption that kills are spirit and also all the p*rn I have ever watched so everything would be new again :) I was just thinking about this when I woke up this morning :/ Strange how other people effect out out look on life... out personalities, and our mind set. Every single person we encounter rather we know them or not... affects in some way rather be for good or bad

0|0
    0|0
    • Aren't you afraid that those memories will in turn make you and your woman become just as immature and insecure as in your very first relationships, making the same mistakes you did in the first one?

• I wasn't insecure with my first... and we both where hurt by others... the mistake wasn't ours unless you count getting with people who didn't know what they wanted at the time. I would love her more and better... I wouldn't have the insecurities I have now, neither one of us would... we wouldn't have a wall up and guarding our hearts... we would love like we never loved before

• No. You should remember the failures so you can learn and grow from that experience. If you erase those memories then that segment of your life was completely worthless.

0|0
    0|0
    • You wouldn't erase all those years of your life, just the minutes of those years you've spent with that person, but I get your point. Just wondering, have you ever had a bad break-up?

• Hell yes, my heart burns for that girl every day, but to her everything we had was worthless and she wants to put the past "behind her."

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes had a crap 4 year relationship I would love to forget.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humanly impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Which one?

Probably not, there was a reason each of them were involved in my life.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I would say no in most cases but the last guy had damaged me beyond repair. No confidence, unhopeful, low self worth, depression, crying every day. The last time I spoke to him, i told him i regret ever knowing him and hope to forget he ever existed. I am starting to forget our past, the pain is still there. I would erase him for sure. A total jerk and low life

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience...

• no, time helped me get over him. I rather learn from my past relationships and be better in my future ones than chance doing the same bs all over again with the next guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes. At the beginning, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Now I sometimes think it was necessary to grow into a better woman.

• maybe not necessary, I wouldn't re-date him if I could go back in time, but yes, as you said those experiences made us better women and better to date for some better men. (:

• Maybe, if the memories were causing prolonged pain. Otherwise, it's a life lesson. There's also the chance that if you both erase memories of each other, you'd keep meeting over and over and over...

0|0
    0|0
    • Meeting and falling in love over and over again. Is this a blessing or a curse in your opinion?

• Could be both, depending on if the relationship was overall good or bad.

• Well I don't have one. But I wouldn't do that! What if I forgot why I left him/why he was my former and not current lover :O

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it from someone with memory loss. I wish I could remember things from my past.

0|0
    0|0
  • No since, all those relationships has made who
    I am/ made me stronger and wiser

0|0
    0|0
    • You're a strong woman :)

• Oh my God yes!! If you have any idea how let me know.

0|0
    0|0
    • All I know is scientists are working on it.

• Is that a good movie?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm going to watch it now! I'll tell you what... I already do that ! When someone hurts me I try to forget about it!

• That's a nice motto.

• Sure but I don't have a former lover.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes