Anyone have advice or stories?

my boyfriend and i have been broken up for a month. we recently talked about our break up and he said there's no chance in getting back together and wants to remain friends because he doesn't love me anymore. he's not completely over me either. i asked him "let's go out for lunch right now then because it'd be nice if we hung out as friends." he said "next week we can go out to lunch." which is this weekend. is it a good idea to take a lunch outing with him? is it a good way to show him that i'm a different person than i was when i was in a relationship with him?

i really want to show him i'm a better person and that i can be better in our relationship and i feel that taking this lunch outing is an opportunity. an opportunity to show i'm a different person as a friend for now. i know it'll take time but does anyone have any stories that were in the same situation as me?

10