Help! I did something terrible! What do I do?

When I was in high school, I had a boyfriend of more than 2 years. He was the sweetest, most charming guy I knew, and we were practically inseparable. last year, I went to college and he went into an apprenticeship program, so we stopped seeing each other regularly, but we still talked every day and saw each other when we could. But then I met another guy in one of my classes. We got to know each other, and after a while, a serious attraction developed.

Long story short, I called my boyfriend one day and told him that I was breaking up with him. He asked me why, what did he do wrong, etc. All I told him was that I met someone else and that we were over. I felt bad about breaking up with him, but I felt like I couldn't deny what I felt for this other guy, and I had to do what I had to do. And just like that, I was out of one relationship and into another. But after a few months, I realized that I had made a huge mistake. The new guy turned out to be very different from who I thought he was, and I knew then that he was no good for me.

I broke it off with the new guy for the sake of my sanity. But now I keep thinking about my other ex. He always treated me kindly, showed me he loved me, and was always there for me. He was everything I thought the new guy would be, but wasn't. I had heard from a mutual friend how he took it when I broke up with him. He broke down and cried every night, and was so depressed he couldn't even get out of bed sometimes. He even talked about suicide on at least one occasion.

I caused him so much pain and misery just so I could have what turned out to be barely a fling. I cry when I think about how stupid I was, and how I treated him. I feel so guilty that I want to talk to him and tell him how I was wrong and how sorry I feel. I want us to be together again, but I'm too ashamed to even face him. What do I do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the main things is how far you went with this new guy. I won't ask, only you know. If it wasn't too far, original bf may be able to forgive and learn to trust you again. He may be so thankful to have you back again, but don't bank on it. Try, and see what happens. But be prepared to be dismissed as no longer being wanted. Whatever happens, don't wait too long if original bf doesn't want to know. Spend some time to love yourself again, which will make it easier to love a new guy. Take good care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fee your fear and comfort him and when you do tell him that your dumb and stupid person in the whole world (do you know how long and will do anything to get that relationship you had) and prove to him and beg him to take you back and ask for forgiveness ask for a second chance

I can't believe you let a physical fling got you
    This was a test from life to prove that you are strong and you failed miserably and holy 💩

If u was your friend I would slap you hard and tell you that you don't deserve someone that awesome and that the only reason that you felt for the other guy is cause you missed the physical and you had that feeling and needed release and wtf are you still doing here go over there and beg him and be the best girlfriend ever and prove to him that you will be there for him through thick and thin no matter what

IF he take you back that's a huge IF he does then he maybe going to do something stupid and try to take that hatred and do something about like cheat on or something FORGIVE HIM he is just so hard (I know I am too and I just red this and I got pissed fast imagine how mad he is going to) if he does tell him it's OK I know your mad at what I done you have that anger inside of you and you just needed release I forgive you let's start all over and forget that any of this ever happen

FORGIVE HIM OK and don't do anything stupid like ever again damn

And don't back talk me just take the advice I know I don't you but that event you just did got me so mad and yes your going take the advice cause all my friends and family and their friends and their partners and people they know come to me for advice I'm that friend who that advice cause I seen and heard and lived through it and I red a lot and everyone I know say I should be counselor

Damn you make mad