How can I free myself from GAG addiction?

I go on this site too much blaggh. I'm so glad I gave up facebook it feels so cleansing. How can I do the same for here -_-?

I need to do better things with my life and not worry about what strangers on the internet think about me and my passions. Why do we waste our time with shallow things like games, t.v., or the internet? How can I break the addiction !

Updates:
I think I'm also just worried too much what people think of me and my opinions on this site. Maybe I need to learn to let go and enjoy my time instead of worrying so much on what people think of me yeah...

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I always have some cyber forum addiction going. I keep trading up. This place actually has attentive mods and more decorum, fewer cluster trolls.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• FB cleansing LMAO. wow its gotten that bad huh?

this is a very fair question. i guess it's mainly boredom for me and i just like staying in the loop of the site tbh. not gonna lie. it's pretty different from other forums iv seen on the net.

i went through the addiction phase for awhile when i first joined but now i know i just dont need it as much.

0|1
    0|0
    • good point thanks for sharing. I was too worried about what people think of my opinions. but if i just try to have fun i don't mind being on this site for a little while more.

• of my opinions but*

• oh yeah i see. well i think it's best to have a very carefree attitude here. since i signed up iv never been the type to care much bout what people think. iv met a lot of users who actually found me 'controversial' and told me so. some liked it, and some didn't. just do ur own thing and the people who understand u well enough will accept u as u r.

have fun, it's GaG. this is pretty much a rented out online party hall :P

• you can download something called "cold turkey" and select gag as one of the sites to block for a specified period of time

there is also will power and filling your day with non-internet activities

0|1
    0|0
    • awesome I'm checking it now

• If this site is interfering with your daily life I think you should unplug and go cold turkey. I don't believe it's a waste of time if you can learn something from it or get a different perspective on things.

0|0
    0|0
    • Parlez-vous francaise?

• Show All
    • Why did you take French if I may ask? I find French pronunciation hard -_-

• I live in Canada so it's required to take in school up to a certain grade, then you can continue or stop, I continued. Also, Canada is a bilingual country, but I'm not French Canadian.

• It's fun. I also dont have fb but I frequent here. Truth is we r human and curious about others. Just have fun dont get consumed. I almost let it get a grasp on me but I'm back full force baby!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • I just feel like I could be doing so many more important things with my life but I'm check this site so many times and worry what people think of my opinions it's getting so ridiculous for me gah.

• Let it go. There are many other things to do with your time but you enjoy this. Like I said take hold of it and control it. It's that simple

• yea, i mean if I'm addicted to this site I should at least enjoy it instead of worrying what people think of my opinion man stupid me.

• G@gers will never know...

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. Please tell me when you figure out how to break the addiction.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• If you want to quit GaG in particular, a good way to do it is to find another addiction, one that is more manageable and less time consuming.

Think about moving debt from a high interest credit card to a low interest credit card. Soon enough you'll have your finances under control.

A manageable, less time consuming hobby would be length game apps. Find an app that you might enjoy. Pay $2-3 if it costs that much, and avoid RPG games that are free but have IN-APP purchases. That's literally gonna suck your life dry.

If you like adventure games or sidescroller games, something is out there that will keep your mind busy, and off of GaG. After about 3 days you'll be set. Of course, I recommend deleting your account beforehand.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's a good recommendation. I always like substituting addictions... But even the switch is hard hahaha. Last time I deleted my account I thought I'd never come back and here I am again wow me.

• Show All
    • None of us are going to advance your life. Only you can. GTFO (in a good way).

• haha I actually really agree.

• You shouldn't GAG is awesome and so are the gift cards no other site is like this.

0|0
    0|0
    • gift cards? I feel addicted to this place in a bad way maybe I should go on a GAG frenzy for a while and get it all out of my system.

• Show All
    • huh really well that's a positive thanks for mentioning

• yeah :)

• Setting up daily routines for yourself. But I hear you, GaG has become a bad habit for me too and I'm thinking of cancelling my account just to curb the temptation of visiting.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I canceled before and I went back after about a year. I can't control myself when it comes to the internet argh.

Recommended myTakes