How long after a breakup should you wait before you date again?

As most of you know, my boyfriend broke up with me on Monday. I'm letting go of any chance of us ever getting back together, and I just want to move on. We dated for two years. But is it okay if I go ahead and make a dating profile? I feel like I just need to get my confidence back and go on a few dates with some new guys. The relationship wasn't good for a while, so I feel like I've already mourned it a little. Is this too soon? Is this direspectful?

610

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm so sorry to hear that. I've read your last question, I didn't opine on that because I knew that he's going to ditch you. I want you to feel that pain so I didn't post any sugarcoated opinion there. Now, you realised that what he is, what his real intentions are. Now it'll help you to forget him and move on.
    It's good to hear that you're thinking about dating another guy.

There is not any specific time that how long you should wait after break up to find next date. Some people don't rush towards another partner. They focus on making their life stable. They seek to ameliorate the bad sectors of their life. What were their flaws to rectify them and when they feel settled, the try to find a new partner.

But in your case, you are ready for next partner. In fact, you need one to boost yourself. So why not to start now. Yes, why wait? The more you will wait, the more and more miserable you will become because you'll force yourself and end up up in a turmoil.

I don't know if dating sites work or not. I've seen only bad reviews. If you are confident about this then certainly, you should try. You're a strong woman and you can do it.

There is never too soon. The thing you wanna do tomorrow, do it today. The thing you wanna do today, do it now!

Good luck :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks. I'm starting to feel better, but at the same time, the longer I go without talking to him, the harder it is. It's hard when you go two years talking to someone everyday, and then it just stops. It almost feels like someone died. But died to get away from me.

• Yes I can understand that's why I'm saying you to find a new man so that he'd better help you to boost your morale and he would really compensate your loss. You would realise that you were lucky that you lost him at the right time. What if he ditched you after 10 years! Your life would tremble. But now you have so much time to for making a wiser choice. There are so many good guys waiting for their chance :-)
      No doubt, It'd take time but certainly, you'll heal.

• I know. Thanks for the support. Ugh. I'm just not doing a good Job. Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• im not actually sure, but I'm waiting till I'm ready. till i love myself enough again. i think it's best that one works on themselves to get to a place where they can give that love again to someone else

as for my own situation, it's been bout a year since iv been in a relationship, and that may extend to 2, but who knows? maybe something could happen this year.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE