I have moved on but years later my ex remains on my mind?

We dated just a few months over 6 years ago. It didn't work out for a couple reasons. He's much younger than me, and we were in two different places in life. Over the years we would text(me inititiating) and have been civil, no hard feelings. The last time I actually saw him was about 3 years ago at our local chili cookoff. It was brief but we were friendly. I have been in a few relationships since then, even engaged. So it's not like I've stayed single this whole time. The thing is, he has never left my mind. Every time I send him a text, it can go two ways, either he responds and we chat, or he ignores. This last time was we chatted he seemed happy to hear from me, we talked of old times, how much fun we had. He asked where I lived, and if I lived with someone. He's single as well. Then, he would drop off. I know I shouldn't be the one always initiating, but I miss him. We haven't spoken in a couple days, and I don't think I will contact him again. But it's been hard for me. I just don't know why he is always in the back of my mind, after so long, and after relationships have come and gone. We all have that someone we will never forget but it seems like I feel we have unfinished business. Of all my relationships, he's the only one that I have thought about. Like that saying, "If you can't get someone out of your mind, maybe they're supposed to be there". Thoughts?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You're still not over him

• I know... but I don't know why it's taking so long. I want to not like the thought of him, but that's so not the case. Ugh.

• I have been. Nobody seems to really know. Lol.

• Maybe I don't know give back his stuff etc -anything that reminds you of him