What's your take on divorce?

I've been scrolling threw the Qs and have found so many questions about a broken marriage, or issues in the marriage. I've noticed roughly 60% of answers posted by 18-24 year olds is divorce!
I for one believe marriage is a life long commitment, and it should be taken seriously. Maybe I'm old school, or have an old soul but I truly believe this.
However im not completely against divorce, but I feel it should be a last resort after all other options have failed.
What's your take?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right, marriage should be a life long comment and taken very seriously. I think the main problem is people get married too soon and take the wrong approach to it. You need to know the person you are marrying 100% inside and out BEFORE you marry them. There is no way you totally figure someone out by only dating them for a few months or a year. Basically you need to date for a good solid 2 years, then live together for at least a year, then if you want, get engaged. You should be engaged for a least a year before the big day. So in general you have been together for at least 4 years. This way now you thoroughly know this person and know it they are right for you. And this includes sex! I think people waiting for marriage before they have sex are asking for trouble because if do not have sex then you cannot know that person 100%!

• Ah someone who agrees. My gen... just thinks of marriage as a toy. Its broke throw it away. I'm currently in a relationship. I've been with him four years now. It was the second year of dating when he proposed. We already lived together for about 10 months. He's wanting a long engagement. Personally I feel after two years of being engaged and not speaking of it, your either concerned or just not taking it seriously. While I'm for a long engagement it would be nice to at least have a goal date. This don't have to be a set date just something for an idea.

What Guys Said 5

• Umm, that you should leave the marriage with everything that you came into it with OR that you EARNED while being married I mean look at "Kobe's wife never worked a day in her LIFE" yet she's filthy rich LOLOL

• I think it's ridiculous to get married in one's twenties. My parents married when theye were 34 and got me when they were 40 and they fit perfectly, you shouldn't marry when you don't have a job or can afford a certain living and know what you want to do in life.

• Well I'm seperated and so glad divorce exists

• Was it an easy decision too come to?

• @asker it was because I was with her for 3 years and she was awful to be around and I actually wanted to leave her after the first year.
      I'll be divorcing her at some point next year when I don't need her permission.

• Ouch I'm sorry this has happened. I wish you the best of luck.

• it's normal/acceptable.

i think for the most part it's hard to get, but then marriage is meh... there's nothing inherently good in it.

• My take is that I'll avoid divorce by simply not getting married, seems to be about the only way to do it.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that divirce shouldn't happen in the first place, the people need to know what they're getting into

• Is good when you need it to break off from a bum or psycho.