Why do guys act completely fine?

After a couple breaks up why do guys act completely fine when the girl is heartbroken for weeks after? Like my ex and I broke up almost two weeks ago and I still miss him like crazy, I'm completely heart broken & I cry a lot. But based on his instagram and Facebook he seems 100% okay.

• he didn't care about the relationship
  • he has things to occupy him
  • he doesn't think about it like she does
    Vote C
  • other (please comment)
    Vote D
  • results
    Vote E

27

Most Helpful Guy

• cause men only realized we love you in hindsight we dont feel the pain like girls do we only ever feel it after we have been apart for awhile then we start to miss you cause right after we feel free and we do all the things we can't when we were with you but after that gets old we will start to miss but if we think its a bad relationship we prb won't miss you at all depends on how good the relationship was

What Guys Said 6

• 4|2
  • He just moved on. Why do I have to worry about her? We broke up, I don't need to feel bad about it.

• And you believe what's written on his instagram and facebook?
    He is just moving on, what you should do.

• Guys kinda think it's feminine or sissy to let out depression but for me when I get something off my chest and really talk to a close friend about a decision I can almost always just move on from there and just look forward

• He probably has someone new.

• I think we hide our feelings better than girls so we hurt but just don't show it

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes guys just aren't good at showing how the break up is affecting them. Like, he might seem completely fine on the outside but it could be killing him on the inside. Also, a lot of times they just don't want to seem weak in front of other people, so they put on a show to make it seem like they aren't affected at all.
    If a guy is in a rebound relationship, for example, most people would see that as him moving on, but a lot of times it just means he's hurting and he's looking for someone to fill the emptiness he's felt since the break up.
    Of course, that's not always the case, but many times it is.

• They deal with it later and keep themselves occupied to keep you off their mind. My ex did the same as well as treating me like shit, but about two months on, I'm feeling better and he seems to have died down now and doesn't seem as happy as he made out, which he also told me was a mask after the break up. He's most likely hurting just as much as you, but women deal with break up pain immediately.