I broke up with my true love today, because he was unfaithful, and lied to me, why can't I forget him?

Im so hurt, i miss him now, he was hurt too, so was i, but what he did was bad, and i think i need to focus on school now, im 18 he's 20 i cried so much, everything reminds me of him, and for some reason i smell him everywhere, am i going mad? I need help please, how can i learn to love myself again? Any advice, and thanks everyone.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• he clearly wasn't your true love then
    it will pass
    it's been less than 24hrs.

0|0
    0|0
    • He was actually we've been together since i was 15 about 3 years, he wanted to marry me he was perfect, though he lied to me 3 times about stuff and we always had arguments and i thought i needed to just focus on myself so i left him and all our promises, ik it sounds cheesy but it was so perfect like why? And yes I know we broke up at 10:47AM today omg, its just been a couple hours, but I've cried like 3 times already, feeling so helpless.

• Show All
    • Oh yeah that makes sense, well he was just some guy i was with for 3 years then, i wanna hate him but its hard. I still love him and want him back i even txted him and said sorry he didn't reply yet, its like he's gone forever.

• hate is pointless and just wastes time.
      don't ever say sorry to scum like him who abuse peeps trust.

just ignore him, and occupy yourself with hobbies

Most Helpful Girl

• You did the right thing. You still love him a lot but your not loving his actions and ways of how he lied to you. it's constantly going through your head where u can't stop thinking about u and him. don't feel down on yourself for a good thing you did. being that y'all been together for long amount of time, you obviously are going to have strong feelings. Maybe both of y'all need some space.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Because he's your "true love."

There will be a lot of reflecting time on this.

0|0
    0|0
  • because he was yer TRUE LOVE as u say basically... so it'd be hard 2 get over him basically... anyway i wish u 2 get over this!!! :-)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see true love as being the correct term for this i think your first love is more accurate in my opinion. Don't take it offensively im not sayig it to be mean.. Anyways fact is first loves are the hardest to over come but you will in time. Let the heart heal. Keep your self busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because if he was your true love like you say, then those feelings just don't dissolve because you aren't together anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't stop loving someone because they hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You called him your "true love" so obviously you had strong feelings for him and its pretty hard to forget your true love. This is also typical in a lot a breakups but its your choice whether you move on or find ways to forgive him and get back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take a deep breath and just know that it's going to hurt for awhile but that's the risk in having a relationship. It can turn out good or bad. But in the end you have to just focus on yourself and making yourself happy. That's what matters the most. It's normal to cry and to miss them, but that will eventually go away little by little.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes