I broke up with my true love today, because he was unfaithful, and lied to me, why can't I forget him?

Im so hurt, i miss him now, he was hurt too, so was i, but what he did was bad, and i think i need to focus on school now, im 18 he's 20 i cried so much, everything reminds me of him, and for some reason i smell him everywhere, am i going mad? I need help please, how can i learn to love myself again? Any advice, and thanks everyone.

63

Most Helpful Guy

• he clearly wasn't your true love then
    it will pass
    it's been less than 24hrs.

• He was actually we've been together since i was 15 about 3 years, he wanted to marry me he was perfect, though he lied to me 3 times about stuff and we always had arguments and i thought i needed to just focus on myself so i left him and all our promises, ik it sounds cheesy but it was so perfect like why? And yes I know we broke up at 10:47AM today omg, its just been a couple hours, but I've cried like 3 times already, feeling so helpless.

• Oh yeah that makes sense, well he was just some guy i was with for 3 years then, i wanna hate him but its hard. I still love him and want him back i even txted him and said sorry he didn't reply yet, its like he's gone forever.

• hate is pointless and just wastes time.
      don't ever say sorry to scum like him who abuse peeps trust.

just ignore him, and occupy yourself with hobbies

Most Helpful Girl

• You did the right thing. You still love him a lot but your not loving his actions and ways of how he lied to you. it's constantly going through your head where u can't stop thinking about u and him. don't feel down on yourself for a good thing you did. being that y'all been together for long amount of time, you obviously are going to have strong feelings. Maybe both of y'all need some space.