Why did he text me and ask me if I needed closure after I left him for cheating?

I recently broke with my ex after I found out he had been lying and cheating. I went through his phone and found out. We did not speak much but he sent me a text saying he was sorry and I deserve better. What did he mean by that? I never responded and days later he texted me and asked if I had any questions or needed to get closure so I can move on. What does he mean by this?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants forgiveness and to attempt to justify it so he can feel better about himself. Probably by blaming you or something stupid. Just keep ignoring it or say "your good" if you feel compelled to respond. Take the high road and keep the ball in your court.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems as if he is trying to act nobly. That may be because his conscience is bothering him; or it may be that he is trying to disarm any vengeance you might be planning.

What Girls Said 1

• He want you to forgive him