After a break up?

So my boyfriend broke up with me over the phone by text and I relized I have his spare keys he gave me a while back. Incase I needed to lock up or stuff. He lives in White Plaines and Im in the city. i don't want to go all the way there and take time from my schedule after the breakup text. We've been together for 7 months yet what he did Monday. So I feel like to keep them until he relized there missing or. Give it to his sister she works in the city she was really nice to me when I met her for lunch. Why do I have to have to feel like I need to do the right thing after what just happened.

Updates:
I have to wait till his sister responds how long do i give it for to know i hear back?
Well it looks like I have to mail his keys I still haven't heard from his sister.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You feel like you have to do the right thing because you are a nice person. Giving the keys to his sister is the right thing. Driving out to give them to him in person is overkill, and a bad idea.

Keys to sister, and if she doesn't get back to you in a week or so, just mail them to him and be done with it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks.

• Show All
    • I still have his keys I don't need to drive there. His sister hasn't messaged me back. So I just am going to mail it to him.

• That's the best idea. No need to go out of your way for someone that doesn't want you in their life. If the sister won't answer (she may feel awkward about being in the middle of something) then this lets you wash your hands of him without having to see him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• While breaking up with someone via text is a pretty shitty thing to do to someone, don't compromise your principles by being someone you aren't. Give the keys to the sister and feel good about being who you are.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! Yeah I texted his sister I haven't heard back from her so hopefully tomorrow she'll let me know bo just didn't want to put her in the middle. Thanks i really appreciate your help.

• It's not like I'm going to break in his apartment smash his things etc. that's what a crazy girlfriend would do. The other stuff he gave me I threw out. Except the coach perfume that I'll keep. LOL

• Well put it in a box and hid the stuff I haven't thrown it away yet.

• Keys to sister... stay classy 👍👍

1|0
    0|0
    • I have to wait to hear back from her.

What Girls Said 1

• Just give them to his sister lovey. Txting someone to tell them there done is not the correct thing to do. There's no respect hel come running soon enough xxx

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't heard from his sister. I will wait till Monday. If she doesn't respond I'll send it to him.

Recommended myTakes